LEGACY- EARN YOUR STRIPES CONCEPT UNIFORM

Advertisement
No disrespect, but I just wish we would go back to the old school uni's instead of trying to come up with new ones all the time.

None taken. You just have to be able to adapt to changing times. Unfortunately, if we would go back to our old uni's we would look awful because of the way uniforms have changed over the last 20-years. ****, go back to 1995 and look at the uniforms those guys were wearing and tell me if these kids would wear that now how awful would it look. Cut off jersey's at the stomach. No type of athletic fit, just big drapped uniforms over the should pads. You just have to change the uniform to what the current standard is at the time.

Look at Notre Dame, even they changed their helmets this year to resemble the Dome at the school. It is what it is.

Yeah I hear you there. Unfortunately every time we change uniforms it seems to get worse and worse.

I do like these concept ones but like others have said, just a bit too much helmet change. Then again, once you see them in person it can completely change the look.

How real is this? Or is this just a fans take on what he wants the unis to look like?

My brother designed the uniforms for an art project. His professor pushed him to submit it to the athletic department. He then received a call from Tony Gonzalez and met with him regarding the design. He had also been in contact with Chris Freet regarding the uniform and Coach Golden even sent him an email thanking him for submitting the design.

Who knows if they actually use the uniform design, or just use certain elements, or maybe even nothing at all.

Please instruct your brother not to change the helmet. Helmet changes are unnecessary.

He knew that would be everyone's biggest issue. I kind of agree with what he says regarding the helmet. The current U on the helmet is proportionally small to the size of the helmet. For such a recognizable brand, the U should be more pronounced. I think you are thinking it would look a lot bigger than what it currently is. It wouldn't be like the Missouri "M" on their helmet, it would just be 30% bigger than what is currently is. Not really noticeable had had not explain that he increased the size. I think, at least.
Actually it is very noticeable. That logic is stupid, I'm sorry. Everyone can see and recognize the U on the helmet just fine. Go tell Mercedes or BMW they should make their badges on their cars 30 percent bigger, using that logic. Because the brand is recognizable, it stands for itself. You don't have to draw attention to it. Not many people like ******* with our helmet. It is the ONE traditional thing we still have left.

Advertisement
How real is this? Or is this just a fans take on what he wants the unis to look like?

My brother designed the uniforms for an art project. His professor pushed him to submit it to the athletic department. He then received a call from Tony Gonzalez and met with him regarding the design. He had also been in contact with Chris Freet regarding the uniform and Coach Golden even sent him an email thanking him for submitting the design.

Who knows if they actually use the uniform design, or just use certain elements, or maybe even nothing at all.

Please instruct your brother not to change the helmet. Helmet changes are unnecessary.

He knew that would be everyone's biggest issue. I kind of agree with what he says regarding the helmet. The current U on the helmet is proportionally small to the size of the helmet. For such a recognizable brand, the U should be more pronounced. I think you are thinking it would look a lot bigger than what it currently is. It wouldn't be like the Missouri "M" on their helmet, it would just be 30% bigger than what is currently is. Not really noticeable had had not explain that he increased the size. I think, at least.
Actually it is very noticeable. That logic is stupid, I'm sorry. Everyone can see and recognize the U on the helmet just fine. Go tell Mercedes or BMW they should make their badges on their cars 30 percent bigger, using that logic. Because the brand is recognizable, it stands for itself. You don't have to draw attention to it. Not many people like ******* with our helmet. It is the ONE traditional thing we still have left.

Alright guy..relax.

Nah, I am relaxed. I just don't buy what you are trying to sell.

The rest of the uniform looks great IMO. I just feel really really strongly about our helmet, as a lifelong cane fan and alumnus.

No, I wasn't talking about the U (though there is no reason to change that), I am talking about the ridiculous rat-tail on the stripes at the rear of the helmet. Completely unnecessary.

Leave the helmet alone. There is no good reason to change the helmet. Nobody walks around campus wearing helmets. You won't sell more merchandise by changing the helmet. If you want to change the jersey, fine, our TRUE traditional jersey died a long time ago, and Nike apparently won't let us go back to it.

But leave the helmets alone.

Advertisement
Dont want the helmet changes, but other that that they are
a pretty cool concept. Sort a modernized version of the classic.

Could they use this design even if they want to though with the
Nike contract?

The way it was explained to my brother is that Nike designs the uniform and the school can yay or nay certain things. Ideally, the school would just submit the design to Nike and Nike takes it and adds or removes minor things. Who knows, I don't understand why the school doesn't have more influence over the uniforms we wear

Advertisement
Don't like. When do they come out official with the new uni's for next season, and are we doing pro-combat next year (skipped us this year)?

Advertisement
Back