Leading Rusher this year?

Advertisement
Call me Susan Miller Degnan but this RB group reminds me of 2001

Yearby - Portis

Gray - McGahee

Walton - Gore

Edwards - Davenport

Advertisement
Reminds me more of 2011, except no Lamar Miller.

Yearby = Mike James
Gray = Eduardo Clements
Gus = Maurice Hagens
Walton = CJ Holton

The resemblance to 2005 is uncanny.

Charlie Jones = Joe Yearby
Andrew Johnson = Mark Walton
Tyrone Moss = Trayone Gray
Derron Thomas = Gus Edwards
Quadtrine Hill = Walter Tucker

IMO Yearby leads in rushing.

Maybe he hits 1,000 if he breaks away from the committee early on.

Yearby - 900
Edwards - 600
Gray - 550
Walton - 550

I think Gray is another offseason away from really breaking out of the raw athlete mold but he will impress at times this season.

I think Walton cements himself as the workhorse towards seasons end going into next year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Choc is showing his maturity, his conditioning. He’s running harder and better. Mark is really learning it. Yearby's conditioning is really good and he’s big. You guys can probably tell he’s big. He’s over 200 pounds and I don’t think he broke 190 in the spring. They gave him a goal weight of 195, but he kept lifting and getting stronger and bigger so he’s moving really well at that weight.

Call me Susan Miller Degnan but this RB group reminds me of 2001

Yearby - Portis

Gray - McGahee

Walton - Gore

Edwards - Davenport

scotch.gif

IMO Yearby leads in rushing.

Maybe he hits 1,000 if he breaks away from the committee early on.

Yearby - 900
Edwards - 600
Gray - 550
Walton - 550

I think Gray is another offseason away from really breaking out of the raw athlete mold but he will impress at times this season.

I think Walton cements himself as the workhorse towards seasons end going into next year.

I share this opinion fairly closely. The season totals for Gray and Walton might be a bit high, but I think its on-point overall.

gus: 175 carries, 900 yards
yearby: 150 carries, 700 yards
walton: 75 carries, 350 yards
gray: 50 carries, 250 yards

Advertisement
Yearby. Dude has ridiculous vision and instincts. He has more intangibles you cant teach than any of the other backs

The thing about 'intangibles', is that their impact cannot be quantifiably measured.

I doubt Yearby and Walton will be averaging 4 yards a carry. Anywhere in 5 to low 6 ypc average range.

Advertisement

I'd say that's about right as far as total yards, though I think Gus and Yearby could be swapped either way, depending on which one gets hot first early in the season (and barring injury).

Advertisement
Back