LB's Hot Take

Advertisement
1625660092157.png

Advertisement
And should be based upon who is on the roster. Smith will be a very good WLB. The guy can run and diagnose.
Brooks is legit if he is healthy which he was not last year.
That leaves Flagg? at MLB? To me this is the biggest concern. Brooks and Smith should be fine.

Is that enough physicality? For those to be your starting LBs, we better have the 1989 UM DL level performance from Johnson-Nesta-Ford-Harvey this year then. **** we might need it anyway. lol.

I will say this, if there is any DL group that I trust to hold down the fort until the LBs can get there **** together its this group. I think they will be a BIG surprise. Johnson is a grown man with SEC experience so he wont get pushed around in run support. Ford, Nesta, and Miller will hold there own at DT and all we need is Harvey and Cam Williams to take that next step and we could be cookin' with grease which will take the pressure off the LBs.

Advertisement
And should be based upon who is on the roster. Smith will be a very good WLB. The guy can run and diagnose.
Brooks is legit if he is healthy which he was not last year.
That leaves Flagg? at MLB? To me this is the biggest concern. Brooks and Smith should be fine.
Flagg aint ready.

Advertisement
He was dealing with a foot injury all year. He shouldn't have been playing.
Well I hope Brooks can fully recover. Both Brooks and Huff were claimed to be the prototype LB's. At this moment neither have made much of a mark.

"Don't tell me about the labor pains, show me the baby" - Lombardi

Advertisement
Is Brooks healthy now?
I’m gonna go with no. Dmoney just a week ago I believe was saying Brooks is in a boot coming back from a foot surgery.

I really thought last year he would break out and take control of a LB spot but this new injury before camp has me worried

Is that enough physicality? For those to be your starting LBs, we better have the 1989 UM DL level performance from Johnson-Nesta-Ford-Harvey this year then. **** we might need it anyway. lol.

I will say this, if there is any DL group that I trust to hold down the fort until the LBs can get there **** together its this group. I think they will be a BIG surprise. Johnson is a grown man with SEC experience so he wont get pushed around in run support. Ford, Nesta, and Miller will hold there own at DT and all we need is Harvey and Cam Williams to take that next step and we could be cookin' with grease which will take the pressure off the LBs.
Really? We had a much better DE combo last year and got run over several times. They were all grows up too…this is the most underwhelming dl we’ve had in a long time

Lol it’s wild that y’all don’t understand that Flagg will start. He’s guaranteed. The other spot will probably be Keontra. Not sure if we want that vs Bama so possibly if Brooks is healthy for a little more size. I think it’s gonna be a heavy rotation though. Atleast early one. And yes Jennings will be getting snaps so prepare.

Advertisement
Back