LBers recruited by Manny?

I love how 305 pretends he isn’t doing his best to defend his Cuban brother yet every single post is designed to excuse the Mayors Boy.

Advertisement
This has nothing to do with defending manny..these are facts. All you doing is going off hindsight when we all knew the situation with the injuries..the roster numbers were low when MR took over and we’ve been tryna even that out. Then you count in attrition..but you don’t load up at one position year after year..you try to do that in one particular class. That’s why linebackers is a priority this class..therefore we wont have to try and play catch-up..remember in 16 the WRs room was in the same situation difference is we didn’t get hit with injuries like the LBS in the past 12 months..ideally at LB for this system you want 8- 9 guys on scolly..we have 8 but 4 are injured..nothing you can do about that unless your suggestion is we should have 11-12 guys on scolly..which would be stupid

Yes, it has taken Manny over 4 years, to figure out how many LB's he needs to take not to have walk ons play during ACC games.

Also He couldn't load up in his first four classes that's why he as to load up in this current one. Is this your logic?

Crazy idea... in the years where South Florida doesn’t have Miami caliber recruits, there is a big country out there that also plays football. Get on a plane and recruit those guys. It’s not like we have been getting the top of the top kids from South Florida anyways.

Who was even the last stud LB that has come out of South Florida? Spence? Hopefully Brooks.
Numbers are a problem due to injury and rebuilding a roster at other positions all at once..if u get hit with 4 season ending injuries at a any one spot on a football roster in a 12 month span your in trouble..how many scolly Linebackers would u keep on your roster

Yes, it has taken Manny over 4 years, to figure out how many LB's he needs to take not to have walk ons play during ACC games.

Also He couldn't load up in his first four classes that's why he as to load up in this current one. Is this your logic?
Like I said..how many scholarship LBs are you keeping on your roster in a 3 -4 year cycle?? What are your ideal numbers?

Numbers are a problem due to injury and rebuilding a roster at other positions all at once..if u get hit with 4 season ending injuries at a any one spot on a football roster in a 12 month span your in trouble..how many scolly Linebackers would u keep on your roster
You cannot bring in 3 guys over 3 years. A couple of them had injury problems in high school and injuries happen anyways. No question it is part bad luck, but we are also short by probably 1-2.

Advertisement
You cannot bring in 3 guys over 3 years. A couple of them had injury problems in high school and injuries happen anyways. No question it is part bad luck, but we are also short by probably 1-2.
Im asking you..how many scholarships should you give out to the line backer position? The problem in question had to do with a walkon having to play a certain amount of snaps..if you know your roster numbers are limited, and there are needs a different positions, how many are you taking annually at LB and how many would you have under scolly any given year?

Im asking you..how many scholarships should you give out to the line backer position? The problem in question had to do with a walkon having to play a certain amount of snaps..if you know your roster numbers are limited, and there are needs a different positions, how many are you taking annually at LB and how many would you have under scolly any given year?
I will answer it this way... are we playing two LBs or three? Does the striker count in those numbers? Are you recruiting the right guys if you only have two on the field who are going to have to cover? One of my biggest pet peeves has been their recruiting DEs and converting them to LBs, and then our guys get burned on the edge/can’t cover. I would say in an ideal world maybe 1-2 more guys for our system, but as is you have McCloud who has no position, guys injured, guys you brought in that were injured that obviously impacts the number available vs the number on the roster. The recruiting at LB has been one of the biggest problems under Diaz.

If nothing else, for the current season he should have 1) had McCloud ready to backup Pinckney given how little we use 3 lb formations and 2) brought in a transfer like we did at S, WR, etc.

Yes the roster is so limited it currently has 76 out 85 available scholarships available. No room for extra LB or Kickers, none at all.

I will answer it this way... are we playing two LBs or three? Does the striker count in those numbers? Are you recruiting the right guys if you only have two on the field who are going to have to cover? One of my biggest pet peeves has been their recruiting DEs and converting them to LBs, and then our guys get burned on the edge/can’t cover. I would say in an ideal world maybe 1-2 more guys for our system, but as is you have McCloud who has no position, guys injured, guys you brought in that were injured that obviously impacts the number available vs the number on the roster. The recruiting at LB has been one of the biggest problems under Diaz.

If nothing else, for the current season he should have 1) had McCloud ready to backup Pinckney given how little we use 3 lb formations and 2) brought in a transfer like we did at S, WR, etc.
We have 8 true LBs in scolly rn..not including the striker position. In our base we use two traditional LBs..so my question is how many LBs is the right amount?..for me in this system it’s 8/9..but when you lose 5(including Pinckney yesterday ) and 4 of those 5 play the same position, u are in a bind..you can’t foresee mass injuries to a particular spot..if you go down to Alabama and tell them 4 of their middle LBs on scolly are not available for use do u think he will have a scholarship guy ready who plays that position, no. So either you ask a vet to play out of position and move up his back up, or u play the next body whose at least know the D in that spot and can be counted on not to make mistakes mentally..crazy thing is 34 did not make any glaring mistakes..the guys who was missing tackles were the scholarship guys. So in reality your not mad at how the kid played, your just mad a walkon had to see action..so your blaming a coach for not having a 4th string scholarship WLB ready to step in

Advertisement
Yes the roster is so limited it currently has 76 out 85 available scholarships available. No room for extra LB or Kickers, none at all.
Lmao so now we should have a 3 at deep at place kicking..along with 10 scholarships for one position group
5 deep at MLB
5 deep at WLB...only CIS

Lmao so now we should have a 3 at deep at place kicking..along with 10 scholarships for one position group
5 deep at MLB
5 deep at WLB...only CIS

I never said it was ideal but when Manny has the available scholarships he better make sure he can field a team that isn't devoid at certain positions.

we lost 3 guys to injuries? we didnt recruit well at LB and its on manny, but the injuries def didnt help along with Huff being an academic shirt

I never said it was ideal but when Manny has the available scholarships he better make sure he can field a team that isn't devoid at certain positions.
That makes no sense..only in hindsight knowing what u know now..absolutely no program has 3 place kickers on scholarship..and no program has 10 scholarships for interior LBS

Advertisement
We have 8 true LBs in scolly rn..not including the striker position. In our base we use two traditional LBs..so my question is how many LBs is the right amount?..for me in this system it’s 8/9..but when you lose 5(including Pinckney yesterday ) and 4 of those 5 play the same position, u are in a bind..you can’t foresee mass injuries to a particular spot..if you go down to Alabama and tell them 4 of their middle LBs on scolly are not available for use do u think he will have a scholarship guy ready who plays that position, no. So either you ask a vet to play out of position and move up his back up, or u play the next body whose at least know the D in that spot and can be counted on not to make mistakes mentally..crazy thing is 34 did not make any glaring mistakes..the guys who was missing tackles were the scholarship guys. So in reality your not mad at how the kid played, your just mad a walkon had to see action..so your blaming a coach for not having a 4th string scholarship WLB ready to step in

That is generally fair. I am not mad at the walk on at all. That should never, ever happen at Miami (a walk-in playing meaningful snaps especially at that quantity). My only point of contention is it’s not like these injuries were new to even the last couple of weeks other than Pinckney and you can’t just have one scholarship player ready to play at a given position. So if they are going to have Brooks only learn one spot and are not going to move Shaq over, then they either needed to have McCloud as Pinckney’s backup or bring in a transfer for this year like they did elsewhere. They knew they didn’t have numbers going into the season and did nothing to fix it.

That makes no sense..only in hindsight knowing what u know now..absolutely no program has 3 place kickers on scholarship..and no program has 10 scholarships for interior LBS

the kicker thing is stupid. no one has more than 1 really bc its a ******* kicker. saban has been trotting out *** kickers his entire bama tenure. the issue is were relying on this cuck of a kicker who has the yips in games we should already be up a few scores

the kicker thing is stupid. no one has more than 1 really bc its a ******* kicker. saban has been trotting out *** kickers his entire bama tenure. the issue is were relying on this cuck of a kicker who has the yips in games we should already be up a few scores
It’s glaring because the margin for error for this team is small giving the offensive line..inside the RZ we cannot run the ball..of a D know we need to run the football we can’t consistently get 4-5 yards..so now as a OC your play calling changes..but then you don’t have a reliable kicking game at any range

Advertisement
It’s glaring because the margin for error for this team is small giving the offensive line..inside the RZ we cannot run the ball..of a D know we need to run the football we can’t consistently get 4-5 yards..so now as a OC your play calling changes..but then you don’t have a reliable kicking game at any range

agreed.

again, you gotta be pretty much Nostradamus to anticipate your ******* kicker missing 20 yarders. dont think anyone expected that and cant really do much to fix that in season. they got the 21 kid coming in and i assume manny will convince some poor sap out of the portal

That is generally fair. I am not mad at the walk on at all. That should never, ever happen at Miami (a walk-in playing meaningful snaps especially at that quantity). My only point of contention is it’s not like these injuries were new to even the last couple of weeks other than Pinckney and you can’t just have one scholarship player ready to play at a given position. So if they are going to have Brooks only learn one spot and are not going to move Shaq over, then they either needed to have McCloud as Pinckney’s backup or bring in a transfer for this year like they did elsewhere. They knew they didn’t have numbers going into the season and did nothing to fix it.
but you can’t just get the scolly from the injured player back..u absolutely can’t ever give out scholarships just to have numbers either. Meaning if your not planing to take more than 1 player at the WLB position in a cycle because your numbers forecast is good, but then in Dec 3 guys from that WLB position group tear ACLs, you shouldn’t then say “now we need 3 guys in this class at the WLB”. That ***** up your numbers. Now you’d have 6 scollys For one position group...the transfer guy has to end up being a grad transfer, who fits what you do, and frees up that scholarship after one year. Oh and not to mention actually wants to come lol. ..all in all it’s unfortunate situation that if it happened to UGA or whoever would have to make the same sorta choice we do

Advertisement
Back