LB predictions this year?

Are we still calling them a trio? I think it’s pretty clear they’re a duo. Mccloud was better last year but he didn’t play as much and not really close to the other two. I hope he proves us wrong and balls his last year but he’s been an average to below average linebacker for 3 years.

They're our trio of senior LBs who have all done good to great, and can all use various levels of further improvement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No actually the striker position was created because McCloud was too slow to cover the slot. He was always SAM

Thanks.

I could have sworn I read that McCloud was taking snaps at the other lb positions because we were using much less 4-3, he was down the depth chart at striker, and all the injuries to the reserve linebackers.

Striker: Finley / Frierson / Keontra / Alford

Mike: Shaq / Joyner / Brooks / Jennings

Will: Pinckney / McCloud / Huff / Stephenson

CB: Bandy / Ivey / Blades / Bethel / Williams / Couch

SS: Carter / Bolden / Murphy

FS: Hall / Smith / Knowles

That safety depth is scary. I’d like to see Finley and frierson on the field together with one center fielding safety

You can bet Joyner wins McCloud's spot. We have to play the better talent. McCloud just can't get there. Hoping Shaq shows better speed under Feeley and does a better job tackling in space.
I think early on the trio wasnt that good in pass coverage! With alot of teams going spread the striker position made sense so he kinda not really had a postion unless it was a run heavy team. Joyner would back up Pickney anyway an hes not beatin out Pickney! And Sam Brooks is comin this summer i dont think Joyner beats out Brooks either. Point bein to your post though is Joyner isnt better than Mccloud at all the Striker position just cut his PT down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All that depth at safety and yet somehow 20 is still gonna find his way on the field.

What depth? A true freshmen and a guy who isn’t even enrolled yet and didn’t play football last year? Knowles will see the field early in the season you can bank on it

Advertisement
What depth? A true freshmen and a guy who isn’t even enrolled yet and didn’t play football last year? Knowles will see the field early in the season you can bank on it
So let me get this straight. You're trying say that 20 is better than Bolden and Keontra?

Advertisement
Back