LB predictions this year?

305_separatist

Threskiornithidae
Premium
Keeping the trio together another season was one of the first big wins of the off season. Without them, D would be in big trouble. Find it kinda weird there hasn't been more discussion on what they can do and what we expect for their last year. They have a chance to step up in a big way this season and be at least 2nd day picks imo *if* they deliver.

We've already seen them looking in significatly better shape, at least by body comp, with the new S&C. I can't wait to see how it shows on the field. There's also another factor to consider: Baker.

As great as Manny was on D, I think his biggest deficiency was as an LB coach. He did not recruit those 3, but they did deliver freshman year. After that though I personally don't think we've seen any big jump since then, just incremental improvement. The biggest problems have consistently been sideline to sideline speed and discipline.

I'm hoping the new shredded looks are a precursor to being a bit faster on the field. I'm hoping the infusion of Baker can compliment and improve on Mannys teachings and help propel them to the next step. If they step up this year, and DL eats as it always has, then we'll be taking a lot of pressure off an inexperienced secondary.

Thoughts? And any knowledge on Baker's record with LBs?

Advertisement
It always happens. Guys come in and produce as freshmen, then they never reach the ceiling the fans expect. Fan opinions be damned, they have been really solid for us, and I expect another very solid season from them.

Advertisement
Are we still calling them a trio? I think it’s pretty clear they’re a duo. Mccloud was better last year but he didn’t play as much and not really close to the other two. I hope he proves us wrong and balls his last year but he’s been an average to below average linebacker for 3 years.

aab.gif

You can bet Joyner wins McCloud's spot. We have to play the better talent. McCloud just can't get there. Hoping Shaq shows better speed under Feeley and does a better job tackling in space.

Advertisement
I'm hoping they're more effective against the run than in previous years. Hopefully Feeley has made them a step quicker.

The LB's may have just hit their ceiling. Both Brooks and Huff have a higher ceiling, imo. When we are blowing these teams out I hope to see them in the game.

Striker: Finley / Frierson / Keontra / Alford

Mike: Shaq / Joyner / Brooks / Jennings

Will: Pinckney / McCloud / Huff / Stephenson

CB: Bandy / Ivey / Blades / Bethel / Williams / Couch

SS: Carter / Bolden / Murphy

FS: Hall / Smith / Knowles

Advertisement
I’m intrigued to see what McCloud can do. He has more of a traditional LB skill set than other strikers but I’m wondering if he is being trained at all at MIKE and WILL spots to spell Mike and Shaq...

hmmm..I'd bet there a lot of teams that would die to have our trio of LB's. I am thankful they stayed, shows dedication to the program and quality Canes. They realize "it's great to be..."

Advertisement
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Shaq will be 2nd in tackles and Pinck will be 3rd.

Whichever one of our strong safeties really learns what hes doing back there and gets guys on the ground will lead the team in tackles.

1. Jamal Carter
2. Shaq
5. Pinck

1. Jaquan
2. Shaq
3. Pinck

1. Jaquan
2. Shaq
3. Pinck

Last edited:
We’re going to need some of the younger guys to show up some this year because this season, it’s a big unknown on who will start next year.

I’m intrigued to see what McCloud can do. He has more of a traditional LB skill set than other strikers but I’m wondering if he is being trained at all at MIKE and WILL spots to spell Mike and Shaq...

I thought McCloud was switched from striker.

Advertisement
Back