LB Griffin Goins 2013

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Hollywood (FL) Hollywood Hills High School LB Griffin Goins was an invited recruit at the UM-Boston College game on Friday.

"I shook hands with the coaches, met them - it was a good experience, I really liked it," Goins said.

The 6-foot-1, 235-pounder with 4.6-second speed said he's a big Hurricane fan and that, despite the loss, "I had a great time. It's always a great time gong to any UM game. Miami, that's my team."

Goins doesn't have any early offers but says UM is sending him regular recruiting mail. And he knows what he'll do if he lands a Miami offer down the road.

"I want to be a Hurricane," Goins said. "That's one of my biggest goals. I'll take it if they offer."

Asked his thoughts on Friday's game, Goins said, "I was impressed with the offense. It was pretty good. The defense was pretty much holding it down, but games tend to go different ways. I understand what happened."

What does he see for UM's future?

"I think they'll be doing real well," Goins said. "Seeing the rebuilding from last year, they have a new coach - I think they're on a good road, especially with Al Golden. He's turning things around."

* Goins' team finished with a 2-8 record. He had over 100 tackles with six sacks, seven forced fumbles and 13 rushing touchdowns.

He's being recruited as a linebacker.

Advertisement
I know griff and he's actually being recruited as a fullback/linbacker by miami. Both fisch and D'nofrio really like this kid. he's going to be every bit of 250 when he steps on campus. He would be a prototype 3-4 mike backer. great attittude, coaches son, gym rat and does anything for the team.

Advertisement
If miami offers which I'm sure they will, this kid will be a favorite amongst fans. Once our staff gets his highlight tape done I'll be sure to post.

Advertisement
Love the attitude, but as far as LBs go we can only take 2-3 and he's not cracking the top 5. Maybe as a fullback/linebacker if we wanna give him a scholly

Nothing yet. No longer at Hills but I am still in contact with his dad. I'll see what I can do. Fullback all the way.

Advertisement
Back