2025 LB Board (2025 Edition) Will This Be the Best LB core in the nation?

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Coach Nicholson absolutely killed LB recruiting in the 24 cycle and the LB room is radically different than it was when Mario arrived. The 25 LB cycle is already off to a blazing start w/Melendez

Flo and several others are predicting that Miami will end up with the best LB recruiting class in the 2025 cycle.

RecruitStarsPriorityUVsOVCommittingHSSchool
Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng (Wu-Su)4*Yes2IMG
Elijah Melendez3*Yes1Dec 16, 2023KissimmeMiami
Tarvos “Tj” Alford II4*2March 30, 2024Ft PierceO$U
Noah Karim Mikhail5*2CA
Zayden Walker5*Yes2Ellavile, GA
Ezekiel "EJ" Marcelin4*1Central
Parker MeeseTX
Mantrez Walker1Buford, GAMichigan
Carter JonesGA
Jade Card2Norland
Weston Port4*1CA
Hector Chavez1Columbus
Jadon Perlotte4*1GAUGA
Cameron Sparks5*Chattanooga
Carlton "CJ" Smith4*1St Frances MD
Kenyon RiveraBuford, GA
Antoine DeslauriersRabun Gap, GA
Bodie Kahoun3*Roanoke, VA
Zaydrius Rainey-Sale4*1Mukilteo, WA
Ethan Pritchard4*1Sanford, FL
Julian Mendez3*1Western
Jacob Joseph1Western
Kris Thompson3*Nashville, TN
Gavin Nix4*2+IMG
Ty Jackson4*Seminole Ridge
Marco Jones4*Danville, CA
Matai Tagoa’i4*San Clemente HS, CA
Antoine Deslauriers1Antoine Deslauriers
Eric Winters4*1Enterprise, Alabama

26 Recruits To Monitor

RecruitStarsPriorityUVsOVCommittingHSSchool
Jaxon Pyatt1CO
Adam Balogoun-AliPB Benjamin
Simeon CaldwellJacksonville Bolles
Tyler Atkinson5*Grayson GA
Jordan Campbell1AmericanMiami
Anthony Jones5*1St. Paul’s Episcopal, AL
Tony Williams4*Jacksonville Raines

27 Way Too Early/Phenom List

Sorting the Table

The tables above can't be sorted by columns right now other than the default. However, you can copy the table into the clipboard and sort it yourself in Google Sheets or Excel.

Steps.

1. Copy table into the clipboard
  2. Paste into Google Sheets
  3. Optionaly hightlight (i.e. bold) the column header (first row)
  4. Under the Data menu, select Sort, then advanced range sorting option
  5. Click on data has header row (i.e. the row you bolded in step 3)
  6. Select the column that will be the primary sort column (i.e. OV date, commit date etc.)
  7. Click on sort
  8. Profit

Last edited:
Advertisement
On the possibility of heading to south Florida to meet up with the Hurricanes, Walker shared, “I love Miami. They reach out to me on a weekly basis, coach (Mario) Cristobal and coach D-Nick (Derek Nicholson – ILB). With their history, seeing them being successful this year is attracting me more. I can’t wait to visit.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Melendez is the real deal, an old school menace. This kid can play. Fantastic pickup. Kudos to Mario and crew and to the young man committing to the program.

Advertisement
This thread is now the active LB board now that the 24 cycle is essentially over. OP updated with the state of play for the next couple of classes. Please chime in with how many slots you think we have in the 25 cycle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Initial LB board (from the Jan 29, 2024 Bank)

LB- The staff is extremely excited about commit Elijah Melendez (Kissimme, FL). Zayden Walker (Ellaville, GA) is one of the top players on the board and there is mutual interest. Miami is after both Gavin Nix and Nathaniel Owusu-Boateng from IMG. I get the sense Nix is the stronger target of the two. Locally, Miami has targeted Ezekiel Marcelin (Miami Central) and Ty Jackson (Seminole Ridge). TJ Alford (Vero Beach) is another name to watch. Despite reports, I don’t believe Mantrez Walker (Buford, GA) is in the mix.

Last edited:
@DMoney from the March 18 Bank

- One name that is picking up steam for the Canes- TJ Alford (Vero Beach). The other names in the LB mix (along with commit Elijah Melendez)- Zayden Walker (Ellaville, GA), Gavin Nix (IMG), Ty Jackson (Loxahatchee) and Ezekiel Marcelin (Central). Ty Jackson will be visiting soon and has some huge fans in the building.

Advertisement
Back