2024 LB Board (2024 Edition)

We've offered the #1 LB and #2 LB in the nation for 2025 in the last two days and picked up a DC. Coincidence? Methinks not.
After looking at his film, hard to believe he's a sophomore. Looking like a senior size wise and he's going against GA kids. Anyone know the quality of competition he's going up against.

Advertisement
4* 24 LB Kolaj Cobbins was offered last May. @DMoney in the 2/10 Bank says to watch this recruitment as his profile is likely to increase dramatically.

Edwin Spillman 4* LB from TN. @DMoney said to watch his recruitment in the 2/10 edition of the Bank.

As far as I can tell, no Miami offer, but Cristobal is in constant contact

Advertisement
Give me Capers, Spillman and Shavers and call it a day. Best case scenario we land 2/3 of these guys. I’m sure we will battle it out with $EC schools till the end…

Advertisement
24 3* LB Ashton Woods offered, was previously offered by Louisville (but not Cincinnati). I'm assuming he was offered by Nicholson because he retweeted the offer

Last edited:
Give me Capers, Spillman and Shavers and call it a day. Best case scenario we land 2/3 of these guys. I’m sure we will battle it out with $EC schools till the end…
For two years now, we've had a limited number of LB offers out. Strong closed most if not all of his targets in the 2023 cycle but this is a high risk strategy almost Mannyesque. Compare and contrast the CB board where @Coach Macho and @gogeta4 both noted the staff has a wide recruiting net with lots of offers

and OL where @miamian01 says Mirabal also uses a wide net

I think we've been monitoring offers for all positions enough to say there's a very tiny and focused net when it comes to LB recruiting. We will see if Guidry and Nicholson change this approach to be more like Mirabal.

200.gif

For two years now, we've had a limited number of LB offers out. Strong closed most if not all of his targets in the 2023 cycle but this is a high risk strategy almost Mannyesque. Compare and contrast the CB board where @Coach Macho and @gogeta4 both noted the staff has a wide recruiting net with lots of offers

Gotta keep in mind, just not as many LB needed on roster nowadays. Don't need 10-11 LB anymore

I have read Guidry plays a more traditional Sam on the field about 30% of time. So if he sticks to that it is more than the what...10% Steele did?

So maybe more of a 9 LB on the roster than the only 7-8 that was needed on the Steele with recent regimes (9 or so if including Diaz striker types)...But those days of a 4 deep including redshirts are pretty much gone.

Gotta keep in mind, just not as many LB needed on roster nowadays. Don't need 10-11 LB anymore

I have read Guidry plays a more traditional Sam on the field about 30% of time. So if he sticks to that it is more than the what...10% Steele did?

So maybe more of a 9 LB on the roster than the only 7-8 that was needed on the Steele with recent regimes (9 or so if including Diaz striker types)...But those days of a 4 deep including redshirts are pretty much gone.
I hear you and that's true in normal years, but they wanted 5 LBs last cycle and didn't put out many offers. That being said, they were a reporter leak away from running the table at LB.

Advertisement
I hear you and that's true in normal years, but they wanted 5 LBs last cycle and didn't put out many offers. That being said, they were a reporter leak away from running the table at LB.

I think it would have only been 5 if the optimal 5th? But you are right, Strong hit on a super high percentage last year.

And of course Malik Bryant may end up with his hand down who knows

What is the reporter leak you speak of, refresh my memory?

What is the reporter leak you speak of, refresh my memory?
Anthony Hill. Was supposed to have a secret visit and Rivals (i.e. Frank) leaked it the day before the visit. UT dropped a huge bag that night and the visit got cancelled. After the fact, they deleted the post but the damage was done.

Advertisement
24 4* LB Xavier “DEEBO” Atkins (L$U commit from TX) offered.

LOL, Po Lil Timmy tried to cover him around the 1:15 mark. Didn't go well. That was criminal of the coach to leave Timmy out there on an island with one on one coverage (although I wonder if the S was supposed to give Timmy support there and crept up too far).

Advertisement
Back