2024 Lawayne McCoy 4* DB from Central

Besides the bigger fish point, I also have a hard time believing the Barney ship has sailed either. Rhule is a good coach but really difficult envisioning him following through with his Nebraska commitment if things go our way in the fall and we try to flip him.

Advertisement
Last thing I was told was they aren’t pushing him hard for a commitment / flip. Would they take him? Yes , but they don’t have a full court press on. There’s a quiet confidence about the wr position especially if the season goes well.
So basically Wingo and JJ if the season goes well. What if it doesnt? Also i would take McCoy as a DB of he open to it, he better than some we have committed already

Advertisement
So are we that confident he'll flip to us if the season goes bad and that confidence about the wr position drops?? I guess i'm the only one that doesn't feel great about this news. sounds like we're slow playing a top ATHELETE and it's going to bite us in the long run. Not trying to mope either.
there have been countless staffs that have done the same exact thing here. That over confident feeling has led to nothing on avg.

Advertisement
Good prospect but I more so want him at UM for the tears.
Will Smith Yes GIF by Bad Boys For Life

Advertisement
Yeah, seems pretty clear kid wants to play wr. Even a report that he aspires to be a #1 receiver (big fish, small pond kinda guy?).
Of course they'll accept his commit, but 'not pushing' could be reflected in the N$L.

The roster #'s at wr are fairly high, and waiting for another whale is understandable, especially if you envision the kid as a db and he has visions of grandeur at wr.

Only opened to see what off-topic discussion we'd be on today. Did NOT disappoint.

Maybe a little of this:
CDgx.gif

Or a little of that:
AcademicDeterminedDalmatian-max-1mb.gif

Always this:
hold-on-to-your-butts-jurrasic-park.gif

Never change, CIS..
I think I am to blame for taking @TheOriginalCane’s remark about Jaws and getting into the book v movie. @JeddTheFisch then took us to Jurassic Park. Sorry, but we are like bored children waiting for commits and/or Fall camp to start.

Advertisement
I think I am to blame. Jaws. Book v movie. Jurassic Park. Sorry, but we are like bored children waiting for commits and/or Fall camp to start.
I was being serious. I seen it at the top more than once & was hoping for off-topic (couldn't care less about a borderline take/FSU commit). It is the best thing about CIS.. and I think they do a jam up job with recruiting.

I need randomness in my life. It's like barbershop talk but at my desk. Helps break up the day...

I was being serious. I seen it at the top more than once & was hoping for off-topic (couldn't care less about a borderline take/FSU commit). It is the best thing about CIS.. and I think they do a jam up job with recruiting.

I need randomness in my life. It's like barbershop talk but at my desk. Helps break up the day...

As long as the tangents don't consume the original thread...they are harmless fun...

Last edited:
So basically Wingo and JJ if the season goes well. What if it doesnt? Also i would take McCoy as a DB of he open to it, he better than some we have committed already
A good season is a necessary condition, not a sufficient one.

Advertisement
Back