2024 Lawayne McCoy 4* DB from Central

So are we that confident he'll flip to us if the season goes bad and that confidence about the wr position drops?? I guess i'm the only one that doesn't feel great about this news. sounds like we're slow playing a top ATHELETE and it's going to bite us in the long run. Not trying to mope either.
Sounds like we are confident we will flip or land someone better with a good season

Advertisement
And/or.

If you read the last page of the Jaws novel, there was a second shark in the waters off Amity...
I recently read the novel and found it to be much darker than the movie, if possible.
The past relationship between Brody’s wife and Hooper, the mayor being connected to the mob as the reason he needs the beaches open.

I liked the novel but Spielberg did a great job with the movie in picking out what would the most relevant parts of the novel to the movie audience, IMO.

LMAO. New poster comes in to stir the pot with his “I heard” info and succeeds in spectacular fashion.

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!! 🤣

I mean to be honest I'm not that crazy about him playing WR and also you have 2 big time WRs you're still chasing...I heard David Lake on the recent pod mention it looks better to Smith or Wingo selling them on being the top guy in a class of 3 than 4...not sure that makes sense what I'm trying to say but yeah

Advertisement
IMO you take McCoy now and figure it (CB or WR) out later. You're playing a dangerous game waiting on the other top talents if things don't go to plan this season or they are trying to up their bags elsewhere on our account. We can't be slow playing talent in our neck of the woods

I don’t hate the strategy especially with JoJo in the fold. There may or may not come a time where you put the full court press on him but not yet unless he wants to be a DB.

Advertisement
IMO you take McCoy now and figure it (CB or WR) out later. You're playing a dangerous game waiting on the other top talents if things don't go to plan this season or they are trying to up their bags elsewhere on our account. We can't be slow playing talent in our neck of the woods
Right. That's all I'm saying

I recently read the novel and found it to be much darker than the movie, if possible.
The past relationship between Brody’s wife and Hooper, the mayor being connected to the mob as the reason he needs the beaches open.

I liked the novel but Spielberg did a great job with the movie in picking out what would the most relevant parts of the novel to the movie audience, IMO.
Jurassic Park is also decidedly darker than the film. I love both versions.

Advertisement
I don’t hate the strategy especially with JoJo in the fold. There may or may not come a time where you put the full court press on him but not yet unless he wants to be a DB.
I disagree. It's not like he's going to scare away any of the top wrs we are after.......and now is not the time to worry about numbers. They will definitely have space at whatever position for whoever they want.

I mean don't you guys think there is some middle ground between "slow playing" and "pushing for a commit"? Mario didnt just forget how to recruit. Sure he makes mistakes and hindsight is easy but from what people are saying they are recruiting him, and continuing to do so, they just do not have a full court press on pushing for a commit. I do not see that as slowplay, a slowplay is you dont get an offer or a greenlight if others higher on the board jump on. This guy can hop in whenever he wants.

I am sure with FSU losing the other WR to UF they want to try and hold on to McCoy. Cant lost two 4* to your instate rivals. So FSU is likely making a big push, let them blow their load and continue to recruit him into the season. It could also be HE is a little hesitant to jump on IF he thinks the others will and he will get pushed to DB. This could be a last minute flip, i.e. he wants to come but wants a more clear path to playing time and if we miss on guys he will be more inclined to make a move. But if he dips now and flips, then we get more studs and he wants to dip he may be a number casualty and is stuck.

Advertisement
Appears he is focused on WR. Which is why Miami isn’t pressing for commitment. They wouldn’t say no due to relations & feeder school, but not shoving the flip down his throat.
I still would show more urgency now. Even if he wants to play wr. It's not like he's some scrub or anything.

Completely agree. I read the novel when I was a kid, and while the movie had just been made, I was not allowed to see it, and VHS rentals had not yet become a thing.

If you read about Peter Benchley and you look at some of the depictions in the book, he was definitely trying to make most of the characters either "shark-like' or WORSE than the shark.

Gottlieb and Spielberg lightened things up, and I definitely like the movie more than the book. But I understand what Benchley was doing.

I mean don't you guys think there is some middle ground between "slow playing" and "pushing for a commit"? Mario didnt just forget how to recruit. Sure he makes mistakes and hindsight is easy but from what people are saying they are recruiting him, and continuing to do so, they just do not have a full court press on pushing for a commit. I do not see that as slowplay, a slowplay is you dont get an offer or a greenlight if others higher on the board jump on. This guy can hop in whenever he wants.

I am sure with FSU losing the other WR to UF they want to try and hold on to McCoy. Cant lost two 4* to your instate rivals. So FSU is likely making a big push, let them blow their load and continue to recruit him into the season.
You're right. I shouldn't say they're slow playing him.

I disagree. It's not like he's going to scare away any of the top wrs we are after.......and now is not the time to worry about numbers. They will definitely have space at whatever position for whoever they want.
Im gonna have to change my mind and agree here. Not only based on the numbers argument you just laid out but also because we have been burned too many times waiting on the bigger fish

Advertisement
Back