Latest on Phillips

Ii guess we'll see. I've already stated I understand we don't play a 3-4.hes an edge rusher. If you think Diaz and Baker won't find creative ways to stand him up and get him to the QB then you're kidding yourself
We will just have to agree to disagree, my man.

It's all good!

Advertisement
Ii guess we'll see. I've already stated I understand we don't play a 3-4.hes an edge rusher. If you think Diaz and Baker won't find creative ways to stand him up and get him to the QB then you're kidding yourself

We run a 4-2-5, meaning 4 down lineman TWO LINEBACKERS and 5 DBs. Manny is not going to find "creative ways to stand him up" bc that doesn't cater to his strengths. He's a natural edge rusher and that's where he will play. We will never see him play linebacker in our scheme.

Even if there are times he stands up he’s still a defensive end.

We run a 4-2-5, meaning 4 down lineman TWO LINEBACKERS and 5 DBs. Manny is not going to find "creative ways to stand him up" bc that doesn't cater to his strengths. He's a natural edge rusher and that's where he will play. We will never see him play linebacker in our scheme.
I guess we'll see

Advertisement
He will be more effective in our scheme than where he's been. In my opinion of course. And to support duke4heisman above, we indeed need to add experience and competition any way we can. There is no negative to bring that LB in to our scheme. He may not start but he would Damm sure be an asset

Advertisement
Back