Latest on Diaz from BJ

If he leaves he'll be back within two years as the HC. They won't even bother with a search when Richt retires/is fired.

Not saying it's a good or bad thing if that happens ( I personally think Manny would do well here with a little seasoning) , just that it's the kind of lazy, predictable hire the university will go for.

Advertisement
If he takes the Temple job that would be a net plus for us verses his taking a DC job with one of your favorite SEC teams for more money. I think he would be wise to wait for a better opportunity. Temple has been a good stepping stone to better gigs but it could also be the end of the road. A truckload of money could be the defining ingredient.

If he takes the Temple job that would be a net plus for us verses his taking a DC job with one of your favorite SEC teams for more money. I think he would be wise to wait for a better opportunity. Temple has been a good stepping stone to better gigs but it could also be the end of the road. A truckload of money could be the defining ingredient.

Worst case he goes back to being a high level DC if he fails at Temple. If he believes he can win there then he should take the job. If he has doubts then wait.

Oh the guys he inherited?
Yep, exactly. Pretty sad state of affairs, if you ask me. I hope he takes the job and does well, as there might not be a better time for him to jump than right now.

Advertisement
He leaves we are in for a terrible year next year. Oh god can’t wait. Richt will get fired next year if he doesn’t keep manny to save his terrible offense

If he takes the bait, will they bring Randy back as DC? At least we'll be flyin around. Plus he can recruit SoFL.

If he leaves he'll be back within two years as the HC. They won't even bother with a search when Richt retires/is fired.

Not saying it's a good or bad thing if that happens ( I personally think Manny would do well here with a little seasoning) , just that it's the kind of lazy, predictable hire the university will go for.
After over paying Richt, they might just go the cheaper route again. Wouldn't be surprising. As long as he hires a good OC, I'd be fine with it.

Advertisement
1544543446034.png
one of the Rev's BFFs. Coming off a stellar year as Louisville DC!

Im sure Manny tore up that interview, no way they give job to Elko over manny.

I also guarantee manny brings banda with him as DC. this recruiting class is f*ck*d.

If he has a legit plan to be HC, the BOT and AD should just push CMR out now and hire Manny to implement his plan at Miami.

As a 1st time HC, he'd get a pass for a few years ... Keep the program in the 8-win range, sign a few quality recruiting classes, then the expectations will increase. But nobody will have high expectations for next season. Just show he's not a complete loser.

CMR has to win the Coastal next year to keep the mutiny from rising. He's gotta beat Florida and FSU. And he's gotta be competitive in the conference title game. He's does all of those things, losing Diaz won't be such a big deal. He does 3 of the 4, folks will be cautiously optimistic. But going 2-4, or worse, and Diaz would have to be "Bob Diaco" bad for folks to not see this as a huge blown opportunity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he has a legit plan to be HC, the BOT and AD should just push CMR out now and hire Manny to implement his plan at Miami.

As a 1st time HC, he'd get a pass for a few years ... Keep the program in the 8-win range, sign a few quality recruiting classes, then the expectations will increase. But nobody will have high expectations for next season. Just show he's not a complete loser.

CMR has to win the Coastal next year to keep the mutiny from rising. He's gotta beat Florida and FSU. And he's gotta be competitive in the conference title game. He's does all of those things, losing Diaz won't be such a big deal. He does 3 of the 4, folks will be cautiously optimistic. But going 2-4, or worse, and Diaz would have to be "Bob Diaco" bad for folks to not see this as a huge blown opportunity.

The BIAS is REAL!!!!
You would be ok with 8 wins with Manny but you are not ok with 8 wins with Richt after he won 9 and 10 games?? LOL!!!

Ever heard the saying "jumped the shark?"

Advertisement
Back