Latest on Diaz from BJ

njstateofmind

Positively Positive
University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz is receiving strong consideration for the head coaching job at Temple and interviewed with Temple on Monday, according to two industry sources.

Diaz did not respond to text messages asking if he interviewed for the Temple job on Monday or if there’s any message he would like to convey about his plans.

UM also declined to comment, referring all questions to Diaz and Temple.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article222942535.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
He would be a fool not to at least listen. There are some attractive attributes to the job, and it has long been a stepping stone for coaches to add to their resume.

Advertisement
Our only hope is that Manny is just using this as a negotiating chip for more cash/better title to stay. That's what it comes down to.

We lose Manny, we're supposed to trust Richt to 1) find a DC replacement that doesn't set us back on D, 2) make the necessary changes to get the offense back to where it needs to be, and 3) land a decent recruiting class. Richt doesn't have that much capital left w/me...I'm not sure he could make all 3 of those happen. Very skeptical.

Sadly, I agree. If you think about it, his stock is arguably at a high point right now re Miami. Our D was the talk of CFB last year, and then this year it was one of the best ranked D's in the nation even though our offense was dogsh-t and did them no favors. If we don't improve on offense next season, it'd be tough for Manny to even match what he did this year. So as much as it would be crushing for us, I wouldn't blame him a bit for leaving.

Our only hope is that Manny is just using this as a negotiating chip for more cash/better title to stay. That's what it comes down to.

We lose Manny, we're supposed to trust Richt to 1) find a DC replacement that doesn't set us back on D, 2) make the necessary changes to get the offense back to where it needs to be, and 3) land a decent recruiting class. Richt doesn't have that much capital left w/me...I'm not sure he could make all 3 of those happen. Very skeptical.

he hired manny
he hired simpson.
hes stubborn w his o, but he def hit a homer on d

Advertisement
Advertisement
The only way to keep Diaz.

PhotoFunia-1540767850.jpg

The only way. Please.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back