Latest Dewan news, not over but not

jkdood

All ACC
good:
Capturexxx.PNG

Advertisement
This is an absolute farce. And I see where Kansas has started a similar process for De Souza. Watch him get immediately cleared.

And don't put too much into the Rotowire analysis. I do the blurbs for the ACC at Rotowire, football and basketball. This note was not written by me, but someone on the breaking news coverage in an effort to get something posted quickly. Author knows nothing. Not that I do, but he's not at all plugged in.

Advertisement
Just reading some random discussion leads me to believe that the NCAA "SHOULD" act faster on Dewan than on De Souza, since it's been in evaluation at NCAA for awhile now. It "appears" the De Souza step of "declared ineligible" may have just happened today...

...of course, when it comes to NCAA and Miami, what SHOULD happen and what WILL happen is night and day often.

As long as he is eligible for the home finale. That's what we need to shoot for. I'd hate to see Lawrence and Izundu honored as departing seniors without Hernandez out there in uniform leading the claps.

I always embrace the big picture

Advertisement
Tryin keep this in1 thread... in another thread today someone asked "where is Bilas and national media", so thot this was interesting:
Captureazx.PNG

also a bit interesting in a surprising way is this pay the money back comment:
Captureazc.PNG

Dewan retweeted this without additional comment... so... seems (maybe?) he was involved as Dawkins' emails suggested? hmmn.

Advertisement
Tryin keep this in1 thread... in another thread today someone asked "where is Bilas and national media", so thot this was interesting:
View attachment 76489
also a bit interesting in a surprising way is this pay the money back comment:
View attachment 76490
Dewan retweeted this without additional comment... so... seems (maybe?) he was involved as Dawkins' emails suggested? hmmn.
I think Dewan should've been reinstated before ACC play began. That said, don't think he is totally blameless here. I'm sure Coach drills it into all his players to steer clear of agents, agents' runners, drug dealers, boosters offering 'stuff' -- whoever and whatever could potentially create a problem.

I think Dewan should've been reinstated before ACC play began. That said, don't think he is totally blameless here. I'm sure Coach drills it into all his players to steer clear of agents, agents' runners, drug dealers, boosters offering 'stuff' -- whoever and whatever could potentially create a problem.
Agreed. But maybe you read my post in another thread. So Unfair...

...only a few players fit Dewan's mold... 50-50 or so whether going Pro Early will work out well for him. But he's not (per NCAA guidelines) allowed to hire an agent, or a lawyer or other "pro" who acts like one, to get advice. (Because once he has some "arrangement" he can't come back to the college level play.)

No great answers while NCAA has this baloney in play.

Advertisement
Pitt beating FSU tonight and Syracuse beating Duke? My oh my.

Didn't want to start a new thread just to reiterate we are in HuUuge Trouble in ACC play, ( especially without you know who.)

Pitt beating FSU tonight and Syracuse beating Duke? My oh my.

Didn't want to start a new thread just to reiterate we are in HuUuge Trouble in ACC play, ( especially without you know who.)
Pitt looked like a bottom three ACC team before the season. Now, definitely top half of the league. Duke apologists will say they played without thier PG and best outside shooter.

Advertisement
Back