Late Kick Josh comes to Miami

Advertisement
So Pate and Bezos on the same day?!? Man, we cookin'!

Pate & Bezos...Bezos & Pate...

1713553001060.png

Good answers kind of but it doesn't match up with the reality of what happened last year. Hopefully that was mostly due to TVD but I'm not convinced, we'll know soon enough. We didn't use the TE, didn't do motion, didn't confuse anyone, etc.

Hopefully Cam allows Dawson to do all of that this year.
Yes. Agree. I kept thinking I must have watched a different offense as he talked. Some of what he described would have HELPED TVD and the offense. Many were screaming for motion all season.

What a crock of **** from Dawson.

Talking about attracting Cam with how we use our TEs. As a boundary WR to block less effectively than our actual WRs?

Talking about why we huddle. It points to the Mario excuse of picking and choosing when we go fast. I don't remember going fast at all last year.

I didn't hear anything that would make me believe we would be better this year offensively.

Advertisement

Talking about attracting Cam with how we use our TEs. As a boundary WR to block less effectively than our actual WRs?

Talking about why we huddle. It points to the Mario excuse of picking and choosing when we go fast. I don't remember going fast at all last year.

I didn't hear anything that would make me believe we would be better this year offensively.
1 reason we will be better offensively? No TVD to completely **** **** up

Dawson gets a ton of **** on the boards and on twitter, and I can live with a “jury still out” perspective on him, to an extent, but anyone that thinks he’s a bad coordinator who runs a “bad” or “simple” offense is brain dead.

TVD was a catastrophe for a good stretch of games last year and is about to get beat out for the starting job at Wisconsin.

Look at the point stat lines Dawson’s “slow”, “motionless”, “tight-endless”, offense put up last year and try and objectively tell me it’s bad:

38 (MIAMI-OH TVD ACTUALLY MID WHICH PPL FORGET), 48 (A&M TVD SUPERSTAR) 48 (BETHUNE/COULD HAVE BEEN 100), 41 (TEMPLE TVD GOOD), 20 (GT TVD IMPLOSION), 31 (UNC TVD BARELY AVERAGE WITH TWO PICKS + PARRISH GOAL LINE FUMBLE), 28 (TF EMORY V. CLEMSON), 29 (UVA TVD IMPLOSION SAVED BY TF FLETCHER), 6 (NC STATE TVD SUPERNOVA IMPLOSION), 20 (TF EMORY V. FSU ON THE ROAD), 31 (L’VILLE TVD BARELY AVERAGE), 45 (BC TVD BOUNCE BACK), 25 (RUTGERS JB AND THE ISLAND OF MISFIT TOYS IN THE BOWL GAME)

He was handicapped by a historically bad starting QB who had 12 turnovers in 4 games, true freshmen still learning plays and adjusting to the college pace, and the TEs he “didn’t use” were a true freshman and Cam McCormick.

Dawson didn’t just pitch Cam on last year’s offense. He pitched him on his career body of work and what his effective offense looks like with a capable QB.

The predictability we saw last year was a result of dog**** execution by lackluster personnel.

Can’t wait to watch what Cam allows Dawson to do this year.

Go Canes.

Hard to go fast when your QB is missing reads and throwing multiple INT’s going slow. We’ll see how good Dawson is with Cam at QB.

(NC STATE TVD SUPERNOVA IMPLOSION),

Nobody was happier to see TVD hit the road as I was, but the NCST game was on Dawson. NCST was basically playing a prevent defense a majority of the game, and we throw the ball 38 freakin' times. There's literally nowhere to throw the ball against drop 8 coverage. We should've ran the same game plan that we ran vs Clemson for EW against NCST. And what's puzzling to me is Guidry was running a lot of drop 8 in last year's Spring Game, so it's not like Dawon never saw it before.

Advertisement
Nobody was happier to see TVD hit the road as I was, but the NCST game was on Dawson. NCST was basically playing a prevent defense a majority of the game, and we throw the ball 38 freakin' times. There's literally nowhere to throw the ball against drop 8 coverage. We should've ran the same game plan that we ran vs Clemson for EW against NCST. And what's puzzling to me is Guidry was running a lot of drop 8 in last year's Spring Game, so it's not like Dawon never saw it before.
Fletcher had 115 yards rushing and the RBs had 28 rushing attempts to 38 passing attempts. That’s a balanced offense that you need unless you want NCST to stack the box, which would have just bottled your run up anyway.

You can’t throw three picks like TVD did and have it be the coordinator’s fault. You just can’t. Even in drop 8, your underneath routes open up, especially with your tight ends, if your QB can make those reads, and TVD couldn’t. That, coupled with the fact that the TEs were horrible in the passing game last year, goes back to my main point on personnel killing Dawson’s scheme.

If you want to put the blame on coaching, it has to be for playing TVD at all/not pulling him, which is on Mario. But that game can’t be put on Dawson’s scheme.

Putting the NCST game on anyone other than TVD as a player, or Mario as a coach for playing him, is wild to me. I don’t know if I’ve ever watched a single game where a QB looked so broken. He looked like a walk on. It was astounding.

Advertisement
Back