2023 Last year portal?

native

Redshirt Freshman
Did we go after any other players last year? This was a huge fail coming off a final 4 year.

Advertisement
We were after Robbie Beran who was more of a stretch 4 and ended up at VT

Which still didn’t fix our issue of having a true post threat to match with Omier.

I’m not letting go of this season because it’s early and we can still get hot at the right time with the talent on the team.

But wow would this team look better if we got a 6’10 guy with experience out of the portal who could play starter minutes in the ACC

We were after Robbie Beran who was more of a stretch 4 and ended up at VT

Which still didn’t fix our issue of having a true post threat to match with Omier.

I’m not letting go of this season because it’s early and we can still get hot at the right time with the talent on the team.

But wow would this team look better if we got a 6’10 guy with experience out of the portal who could play starter minutes in the ACC
Losing Walker and Beverly has hurt much more than I thought they would.

Did we go after any other players last year? This was a huge fail coming off a final 4 year.
Although Coach L said some guys suggested Miami was in their "final five" or whatever just for leverage when it wasn't true, we were seemingly in the mix for about 8-10 decent desired players in the portal. We finally got (only) Cleveland when we were desperate and put all our obviously minimal no-Ruiz bucks in one basket. I took a lot of heat for suggesting that big NIL$ for basketball was just not there, not even to keep Beverly. Legendary coach, Final-4 finish, sun and surf... just don't cut the mustard as much as big bucks, and I don't want to hear the dumb PT (or fickle fans) excuses any more, than the Adidas taint being the sole reason we had 3 awful awful seasons not very long ago,

Losing Walker and Beverly has hurt much more than I thought they would.
I said so at the time and was poo poo'd. But on the other hand I expected more out of our current bench. I think everybody including Coach L did.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back