Last time 5-1

Miami04

Senior
2018. Opened the season with a loss to LSU. Won 5 in a row including a thrilling FSU game.

Then proceeded to lose 4 in a row and finish the season 7-5.

This next stretch of games will be interesting if we don’t get some things fixed. A bunch of away games that in the past we have slept through. @NC St @Wake @VT

Advertisement
I’ll add, after last night I just don’t see how this team finishes the season 10-1. Maybe it was an aberration or maybe everyone is figuring out how to play us.

If we can finish 9-2 somehow someway with a chance to win 10 games in the bowl game that may be a blessing. No matter how the play looked on the field, recruits will see 10 wins and improvements and that will help.

56664483-313A-4238-B499-8B46F70196B3.jpeg

We are similar to that team, just with a better punter. We really have no excuses to lose or even have close games with 3 of our final 5 opponents. VT and UNC are it and we should win both because they are both more overhyped than us. 10-1 is the only acceptable outcome, but I’m not confident

Advertisement
2018. Opened the season with a loss to LSU. Won 5 in a row including a thrilling FSU game.

This next stretch of games will be interesting if we don’t get some things fixed. A bunch of away games that in the past we have slept through. @NC St @Wake @VT

Bye week doesn't help us...

We are similar to that team, just with a better punter. We really have no excuses to lose or even have close games with 3 of our final 5 opponents. VT and UNC are it and we should win both because they are both more overhyped than us. 10-1 is the only acceptable outcome, but I’m not confident
Bye week doesn't help us...
Really hoping it does with getting some of those inactives back. Brevin especially. Best offensive player hands down. Big second half for him might be the ticket to getting to 9-2

Look, I get it. But the realistic side of me says that the games we would have won last couple years needed a few things, including better QB play and special teams. That’s exactly what we have right now. No more, no less.

We are not elite or close to it, but we are not a bad team either. There are shades of gray that a pocket of our fan base refuses to acknowledge. In their eyes, it’s championship or bust. There was a time when that was realistic for this program, but we are almost two decades removed from that.

I tend to agree with LCE and others more knowledgeable than me that achieving what approaches elite status will require at least two more REALLY good recruiting classes. To get there, we need to keep winning, even if ugly like last night. After the years of sorry play, I’ll take ugly wins for the time being.

Advertisement

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to NC State

Advertisement
Back