Last play of the game (4th and 10)

yeah I kind of see that but at the end of the day it’s the right call. Had the throw been crisper, it could be a different story. And besides, why the **** are waiting for the last play of the game to put 83 in? That’s asking an awful lot from a freshman. I think smith would have been better suited but I ain’t putting it all in Redding. That kid needs to play more. Period. 12/83/88 offer a heck of a lot more than 6/8 and even 3. Jmo
Miami had a WR who could win on the boundary vs physical man coverage but the staph drove him away last season.

Advertisement
Wiggins also dropped a touchdown on the same call earlier in the game. Lashlee, overall, called a good game last night. Anyone saying otherwise has lost their mind.
I've seen some people be critical of this play call but it was actually a very smart call. Lashlee correctly anticipated an all out blitz. A defender was likely to come free (which is exactly what happened) which means the qb will have little time to throw to guys running past the sticks. So we went back to a play that previously should have been a sure touchdown (thanks Wiggins you *******) in the exact same situation (all out blitz).

Why didn't it work then? If you watch the replay, Perry gets ZERO mustard on that throw because he's backpedaling as he throws. It takes forever to arrive and it's late and behind Redding. Not only did Redding have to stop and wait for it, he actually had to work back to the ball a little bit. While Redding is waiting for the ball to arrive the defense is getting time to turn and chase. You now had defenders running full speed at Redding while he's standing still. If Redding is hit with a crisp throw in stride it's not only a first down, it's a touchdown. There was only one defender between him and the endzone and he was being blocked. Tough play for Perry as he didn't get anything on the throw because a defender was coming from at him and he was backpedaling. IMO, he needs to find a way to step into that throw and take the hit instead of backpedaling as he throws.
Lashlee called a great game , they only calls I didn’t like was them running up the middle with the QB calls , especially when kosi was in the game , our Oline act like it can’t block for **** on them plays

Agree. Also Redding was slow to get his hips turned and get outside and upfield. He's a tightly wound athlete and he ran towards the teeth of the defense.
Maybe if he had not been riding the pine the whole game, while the two bums who couldn't catch covid dropped the game away, he would have been a little looser.

Wiggins also dropped a touchdown on the same call earlier in the game. Lashlee, overall, called a good game last night. Anyone saying otherwise has lost their mind.
I counted 16-22 points left on the field due to drops and the reversed 2 pt conversion, not counting the BS PI call in which the INT gives us the ball in the red zone.
* 4 pts on King's Td run called back
* 3-7 pts on Wiggins drop before halftime
* 4 pts on Wiggins TD drop on screen
* 2 pts on Brevin's conversion
* 3-7 pts on Pope's drop at the end
(I'm not counting Pope's drop on the flea flicker because later that drive, Wiggins dropped a TD)

Advertisement
I don’t want to ruffle any feathers but **** does the offense look better when we even got an average passer back there. Imagine an elite QB with an arm. 6’4” stud that’s smart, has little wiggle and with an arm.

Or the other alternative, Lashlee could have just called this play on 3rd down instead of 4th down since Okie State ran the exact same cover 0 blitz the play before.

Timing for when to call plays is a thing.

Lashlee calls some good plays and we can win with him but he also calls some questionable plays at times that leaves you scratching your head.

These are the facts like them or not. That play would have been better suited on 3rd down given that the defense gave the exact same look.

Game on the line, last possession, 4th and 9 you call a play that is closer to the sticks it can be short by a yard or two but asking your wr to get 5yards of YAC in that situation is not a high percentage call and is not that smart.

I've seen some people be critical of this play call but it was actually a very smart call. Lashlee correctly anticipated an all out blitz. A defender was likely to come free (which is exactly what happened) which means the qb will have little time to throw to guys running past the sticks. So we went back to a play that previously should have been a sure touchdown (thanks Wiggins you *******) in the exact same situation (all out blitz).

Why didn't it work then? If you watch the replay, Perry gets ZERO mustard on that throw because he's backpedaling as he throws. It takes forever to arrive and it's late and behind Redding. Not only did Redding have to stop and wait for it, he actually had to work back to the ball a little bit. While Redding is waiting for the ball to arrive the defense is getting time to turn and chase. You now had defenders running full speed at Redding while he's standing still. If Redding is hit with a crisp throw in stride it's not only a first down, it's a touchdown. There was only one defender between him and the endzone and he was being blocked. Tough play for Perry as he didn't get anything on the throw because a defender was coming from at him and he was backpedaling. IMO, he needs to find a way to step into that throw and take the hit instead of backpedaling as he throws.

Advertisement
lmao Hightower sucks as Illinois too. whats your excuse for him there? the world against him?
He was miscast in Enos' scheme. I don't watch Illinois football...Lovie Smith coached Bucs was the worst fan experience of my life - even worse than Golden at Miami. Their QBs combined for 46.9% completion percentage. Hightower had a 4-97-1 game. That's all I can gather from the stats, and trust me I'm not touching that film.

Regardless I specified traits that Hightower possesses that are lacking on the Miami football team. God forbid someone actually understands nuance where everything isn't black or white "this guy sucks, this guy is elite" CIS porst drivel.

Maybe people suck up to me because they recognize that I actually dig deeper than the average CIS blowhard with 13000 porsts of forgettable nonsense? Just a thought.

Advertisement

Didn't hate the call but he should have called it on 3rd down and it should have gone to Harley or one of the backs. Haven't seen enough of Redding but Harley's really the only one proven to have enough wiggle and speed to maximize a short pass like that if it's well defended.

This, too many drops by receivers, he can’t catch the **** ball for them.

Advertisement
He was miscast in Enos' scheme. I don't watch Illinois football...Lovie Smith coached Bucs was the worst fan experience of my life - even worse than Golden at Miami. Their QBs combined for 46.9% completion percentage. Hightower had a 4-97-1 game. That's all I can gather from the stats, and trust me I'm not touching that film.

Regardless I specified traits that Hightower possesses that are lacking on the Miami football team. God forbid someone actually understands nuance where everything isn't black or white "this guy sucks, this guy is elite" CIS porst drivel.

Maybe people suck up to me because they recognize that I actually dig deeper than the average CIS blowhard with 13000 porsts of forgettable nonsense? Just a thought.
HUH? Who the **** sucks up to you? Literally one of the most asinine/pretentious posts in the history of CIS.

On top of that, you admit you didn't watch yet you have an opinion on Hightower?

I'll give you a bit of advise ..... it's better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

HUH? Who the **** sucks up to you? Literally one of the most asinine/pretentious posts in the history of CIS.

On top of that, you admit you didn't watch yet you have an opinion on Hightower?

I'll give you a bit of advise ..... it's better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
I don't have to pretend to be anything. Your whole porst history is asinine. Thanks for the feedback though!

I've watched Hightower for 4-5 years. I know what his traits are. Players don't change like that.

I'll give you a bit of advice...if you wanna sound wise at least spell correctly. Also welcome to my ignore list.

I don't have to pretend to be anything. Your whole porst history is asinine. Thanks for the feedback though!

I've watched Hightower for 4-5 years. I know what his traits are. Players don't change like that.

I'll give you a bit of advice...if you wanna sound wise at least spell correctly. Also welcome to my ignore list.
Go F yourself buddy.

****weed giving spelling advice types "wanna".

Advertisement
Back