Last night’s tackling…

Advertisement
Advertisement
i been to every home game except last night...one thing i notice is that when they tackle, they get pushed back for an extra 2 yards. you have a point. its their mentality. you have to have passion behind the technique

Spot on

i been to every home game except last night...one thing i notice is that when they tackle, they get pushed back for an extra 2 yards. you have a point. its their mentality. you have to have passion behind the technique
Because they are out of position and have poor footing during the tackle....
...there is a difference between tackling and hanging on like a lorus on a tree branch.

In this era of discouraging big hits, coaches need to focus on positioning.
It is not all read and react. Have to be at the right spot to make an effective tackle... not just dive at the opponent.

Advertisement
Because they are out of position and have poor footing during the tackle....
...there is a difference between tackling and hanging on like a lorus on a tree branch.

In this era of discouraging big hits, coaches need to focus on positioning.
It is not all read and react. Have to be at the right spot to make an effective tackle... not just dive at the opponent.
Tracking is an issue. re-acceleration isn't there. When you make impact with a ball carrier both people are going to stop moving. The winner of the grapple is the one that re-accelerates their feet quickest after that initial stalemate. Miami loses that battle 9 of 10 times. The team lacks peak power. Everything about Miami looks slow and weak.

Advertisement
Back