Last Nerve II: Head to Head against Sparty

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Second thread in a series of schools we thought were a recruiting joke, but folk aren't laughing anymore.

over it innocentonfox GIF by Fox TV

Early in the year, folks openly laughed when they heard that Sparty was offering kids that we were interested in. They aren't laughing any more. After seeing Sparty repeatedly either beat us to offer a kid or offer immediately right after us, I decided to capture all targets we're both after to see how serious a competitor they are. Tucker could be a longer term competitor for us and he seems to target many of the same kids Mario is after. As of now, they're my main under the radar nemesis.

RecruitCollegeComments
Samson OkunlolaMiamiUM and MSU were finalists
Jayden WayneMiami
Collins AcheampongMiamiFlipped to Miami From Michigan
Bai JobeMSU
Tunmise AdeleyeMSU
Enow EttaMichigan
Jaylon BraxtonARKEventually flipped from Sparty to the Hogs
Terrance GreenOregon
Jayden BonsuO$U
Chase BisontisA&M

2024 Battles

RecruitCollegeComments
David StonePicked OU
Williams NwaneriBoth eliminated in Final 10
Jamari HowardDecommited from Sparty

2025 Battles

RecruitCollegeComments
Kaden StrayhornMSU family ties

Potential Portal Targets After Tucker's Firing

PlayerYearCollegeComments
Simeon Barrow Jr20MSU
Bai Jobe23MSU
Tunmise Adeleye23MSU
Kaden Strayhorn25MSU family ties

Last edited:
Advertisement
Are there 2 Jaylon Braxton's? I see one at Arkansas. Miami staff dropped Kirkland, not sure of Sparty did as well. **** MSU.

Are there 2 Jaylon Braxton's? I see one at Arkansas. Miami staff dropped Kirkland, not sure of Sparty did as well. **** MSU.
There's only one. Sparty beat us out initially and then he flipped after. So its really a win followed by a loss for them.

Moved Kirkland to interested in both schools group. Multiple people (D$, Flo, Max) said Kirkland didn't have a committable Miami offer. Cribby said he did at one point but in all cases, at the end, we weren't aggressively pursuing him.

Edit: OP updated to indicate Braxton flipped from MSU to ARK

There's only one. Sparty beat us out initially and then he flipped after. So its really a win followed by a loss for them.

Moved Kirkland to interested in both schools group. Multiple people (D$, Flo, Max) said Kirkland didn't have a committable Miami offer. Cribby said he did at one point but in all cases, at the end, we weren't aggressively pursuing him.
If they didn't get him, how is it a win? Participation trophy?

If they didn't get him, how is it a win? Participation trophy?
Nope, no participation trophies.

Oprah Winfrey Car GIF

It is a zero sum game with winners and losers but they beat us and then he flipped. How can I categorize that? If I just put it in both of us lost category it doesn't give Tucker enough credit for being serious competition.

Edit: added a loss then flip category. Hopefully that's clearer.

Advertisement
Nope, no participation trophies.

Oprah Winfrey Car GIF

It is a zero sum game with winners and losers but they beat us and then he flipped. How can I categorize that? If I just put it in both of us lost category it doesn't give Tucker enough credit for being serious competition.
It changes your narrative completely, as it is now 1 to 1, with Samson to go, who by all accounts is more us right now than them, or possibly anyone. Also we are trying to poach one of theirs.
So it negates the need for the thread.....

It changes your narrative completely, as it is now 1 to 1, with Samson to go, who by all accounts is more us right now than them, or
I'm still anxiously waiting from Samson to commit.

possibly anyone. Also we are trying to poach one of theirs.
So it negates the need for the thread.....
It's a long term tracker thread. There are multiple recruits still outstanding Andrew Depaepe being the foremost one. Hoping for a flip there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ehhhh there was a week period that sparty was annoying but that seems like ages ago and as the Crooting landscape has started to level out they’ve become less and less one of our thorns

Ehhhh there was a week period that sparty was annoying but that seems like ages ago and as the Crooting landscape has started to level out they’ve become less and less one of our thorns
Until we close out Samson and potentially flip Depaepe, still an irritant. Not a UGA, Bama, Clemson type concern, but a bother nonetheless.

Advertisement
They're on pace to have the 26th ranked class. Decent but nothing spectacular.

Yes they are starting to get mentioned with some of our recruits but until they pull a big one from us I'll shelve them in the back for now.

Edit: OP updated to indicate Braxton flipped from MSU to ARK
We didn’t recruit Braxton initially (iirc) and when we did offer he visited and decommitted from Sparty. OU and others backed off Jobe as well, so I’m not sure how much we pursued in earnest here also.

Cleaned up the OP. Tucker made a huge late run at Samson Okunlola, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

After letting the dust settle, Mario absolutely put Tucker in the closet during this cycle.

Still hoping we can flip Enow and one more OP update will be needed.

Advertisement
Back