Last Nerve I: Head to Head against the Cards

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
First thread in a series of schools we thought were a recruiting joke, but folk aren't laughing anymore as they're serious competition.

over it innocentonfox GIF by Fox TV

Early in the year, people laughed as Bama raided the ville for portal WR Tyler Harrell. That seems to have lit a fire under their boosters and @Cribby warned us several months back that the ville was now throwing around big boy money. Since then, we've been a number of head to head battles and as these battles are increasing, I decided to capture all targets we're both after to see how serious a competitor they are:

Active Battles (2024)

RecruitCollegeComments
TJ CapersCurrently Comitted to the Cards
Daylen Russell

Picked the Canes (Head to Head win)

RecruitCollegeComments
Nathaniel "Ray Ray" JosephMiami
Rueben BainMiami
Robbie WashingtonMiami
Bobby WashingtonMiami
Aaron WilliamsCards
Stanquan ClarkCardsMiami wanted him badly at the end, couldn't flip
William FowlesCardsDid he have a committable offer?
Madden SankerCardsOpenly recruited for the cards on his visit
Rueben Owens IIA&MFlipped to Texas A&M from the Cards
Jayden DavisCincyFlipped to Cincy from the Cards

Last edited:
Advertisement
First thread in a series of schools we thought were a recruiting joke, but folk aren't laughing anymore as they're serious competition.

Early in the year, people laughed as Bama raided the ville for portal WR Tyler Harrell. That seems to have lit a fire under their boosters and @Cribby warned us several months back that the ville was now throwing around big boy money. Since then, we've been a number of head to head battles and as these battles are increasing, I decided to capture all targets we're both after to see how serious a competitor they are:

Picked the Cards (Head to Head loss)

• Aaron Williams

Picked the Cards (Miami interest)

• William Fowles (commitable offer?)
  • Rueben Owens II
  • Madden Sanker (openly recruited for the cards on his visit)
  • Stanquan Clark (commitable offer?)

Cards trying to poach

• Robbie Washington
  • Bobby Washington

Canes trying to poach

• TBD (not easy to figure out who Mario is after)
Ray Ray is one that we won head to head.

• Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph

• Aaron Williams

• Rueben Owens II

Cards trying to poach

• Robbie Washington
  • Bobby Washington

Canes trying to poach

Did we earnestly go after Williams? Checked 247 site and we're not even listed in his schools of interest?

Advertisement
I forgot that @Cribby warned us UL was after Bain too. OP updated and UL is more of a problem than I thought once you start collecting all the facts.

I keep telling y’all Hova is up there. They also have Stanford Samuels. Pete Thomas is the Cali connect and they have Steve Clark son’s son committed at QB. With that said, they’re not landing a south Florida kid Miami wants. Louisville is a non factor in our recruiting efforts. But, if you want them to live rent free in your head, that’s fine by me.

Advertisement
that whole situation is confusing. i heard that Satterfield doesn’t even have full support and some on the money people want to make a run at Deion.

Advertisement
that whole situation is confusing. i heard that Satterfield doesn’t even have full support and some on the money people want to make a run at Deion.
That's the rumor, but for now, he's recruiting SFL hard and has $$ behind him. Gotta believe Mario has a list of Lousiville recruits he'd like to flip though. Did we ever seriously recruit Owens? Since Baxter went to the Horns, Owens would be great option if their season implodes.

I know we were looking at Jayden Davis in the spring
When putting together the OP, I didn't see any reports that we ever recruited him. I've seen comments that we never went after him. Do you know if he had an offer or something that said we were recruiting him?

Advertisement
AND them taking Rueben Owens II from Texas was a domino effect with us and Baxter, if Owens goes Texas Baxter is at Miami today

Active Battles
  • Rueben Bain

• Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph

• Aaron Williams

• Rueben Owens II

Cards trying to poach

• Robbie Washington
  • Bobby Washington

Canes trying to poach

Aaron Williams

AND them taking Rueben Owens II from Texas was a domino effect with us and Baxter, if Owens goes Texas Baxter is at Miami today

That's a real Kevin Bacon type of interconnection/chain of events scenario.

I'm thinking Baxter wanted to leave FL, you think he stays if Baxter went to Texas?

Advertisement
Back