Last 6 games

Miami04

Senior
We are 3-3. But here is the problem that has plagued us this year more than anything. Lack of ability to manufacture runs.

Over the last 6 game we are averaging 2.7 runs a game.

Our pitching has been good but that’s not sustainable. I hate to say it but we need to see a lot more bunting and moving people over.

Advertisement
Forget it. Outside of CDC, we are going up there and guessing pitch/location and swinging as hard as we can. That’s the approach we have. It absolutely sucks. But, I’d be floored if we saw anything different.

After the season, we need a new hitting coach to totally overhaul this mess.

I’ve said at nauseum over the last 7-10 years that the Miami Hurricanes can’t manufacture runs without the long ball. This isn’t just a this year thing. This has been going on since late Morris years. It’s not changing under Gino either.

I’ve said at nauseum over the last 7-10 years that the Miami Hurricanes can’t manufacture runs without the long ball. This isn’t just a this year thing. This has been going on since late Morris years. It’s not changing under Gino either.
+1.

But, at least under Morris we were very good defensively with strong pitching. We played too much station-to-station baseball, but we were fundamentally strong.

This team is incredibly inconsistent. We could win the regional next weekend or go "0 & 2 and BBQ", and neither result would surprise me.

Last edited:
+1.

But, at least under Morris we were very good defensively with strong pitching. We played too much station-to-station baseball, but we were fundamentally strong.

This team is incredibly inconsistent. We could with the regional next weekend or go "0 & 2 and BBQ", and neither result would surprise me.
I personally would be shocked if we win the regional.

Advertisement
I guess bunting is better than straight striking out and not moving the runner over but you still gotta hit to drive in the run. I don't know if my aggressive approach would fly in d1 baseball but I **** sure wouldn't be watching right down the middle pitches to be forced to swing at the pitchers pitch down in the count. The **** poor approach to batting makes me want to pull my hair out. I can't hate on a dude getting caught by nastiness, but going 0-2 or rung up by a piped pitch makes me want to puke.

+1.

This team is incredibly inconsistent. We could win the regional next weekend or go "0 & 2 and BBQ", and neither result would surprise me.
Ryan Jackson was a very good defensive SS. I can't think of another standout defensive player in the final decade of the Morris tenure.

I would be shocked if we won a game.
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Advertisement
Ryan Jackson was a very good defensive SS. I can't think of another standout defensive player in the final decade of the Morris tenure.
We actually had a bunch. Weeks, Sobeleski, Tecotte, Garrett Kennedy was the best defensive catcher we’ve had in 2 decades, Ricky Eusebio, Chantz Mack. We had a bunch of really good defensive players in the late 2000s and teens.

Advertisement
Back