Lashlee....

Advertisement
I’d hardly call that team a spread in the sense he was talking about. LSU is probably the closest to a wide open attack winning the whole thing.
Mark Mangino was the OC and a former OL coach under Leach. That was as air raid as air raid gets.

Mark Mangino was the OC and a former OL coach under Leach. That was as air raid as air raid gets.
I don’t lump in with the style that say Riley or even Leach ran himself. Obviously spread uptempo can win, Urban did, Bama did under Kiffin & Sark and LSU.

Technically we ran a variation of the air raid. I’m just guessing what the original post was saying a team that leaned more towards a blend of finesse/gimmick doesn’t have the same level of success a blend of scheme/physicality does. At least I read it that way.

I’d hardly call that team a spread in the sense he was talking about. LSU is probably the closest to a wide open attack winning the whole thing.

Oklahoma was running a straight Mike Leach Air Raid. Like in its most Leach-Mumme sense of the offense.

Advertisement
So now we are dck riding the same Lashlee who was often skewered during his time at UM?

The only people that “skewered” him were the ones excited about Enos type hires.

Some of us had Lashlee as our number one dream candidate going into the 2020 hiring cycle, and thought he was great while he was here.

It never ceases to amaze me how truly dim this fanbase is
I know man. Lol. I never know if this board is real life or just a troll fest. They have done well and Lashlee has them very respectable, but when he lost to TCU this year after they lost to the 8 toed sloth, the fans here would have been stringing Lashlee up and lighting him on fire.
Why can't we just be happy and patient with what we have and stop looking at everyone else and coveting our neighbor's wife 24/7.

IMG_2191.png

Advertisement
It won't win you anything of note, but it's exciting as all ****. History has shown it over and over again. You need to have some semblance of balance to win the big games, against the teams with legit NFL talent and depth. No one is saying to run Student Body Right 50 times a game, but you aren't getting into the playoff throwing the ball 50 times a game on a regular basis.

Throwing the ball all over the yard is cute in the American, let's see how that works out when he isn't able to load up on P5 transfers to beat up on teams
that are midmajors in every sense of the word. I think SMU takes a step back next year, they will be a 6-8 win team in 2024. Happy for Lash, but let's pump the brakes. SMU is a very good midmajor program that is about to enter a new era, and honestly, it's going to be tough for them, because there won't be as many gimmie games on their schedule.
Just ask UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and BYU.

This is a man who made the right decision at the right time. The boosters raised $100 million in one week after the ACC acceptance was received.

Read this and weep.

SMU is going to be a problem. More money than anyone except perhaps Texas. Great urban campus in a super recruiting area. Now in a legitimate power conference that can be won. In reality, Miami with more money…..
That's what I keep trying to tell everyone. When they came up with 200mil, like they reached between the couch cushions, it should have opened some folks eyes.

Advertisement
It won't win you anything of note, but it's exciting as all ****. History has shown it over and over again. You need to have some semblance of balance to win the big games, against the teams with legit NFL talent and depth. No one is saying to run Student Body Right 50 times a game, but you aren't getting into the playoff throwing the ball 50 times a game on a regular basis.

Throwing the ball all over the yard is cute in the American, let's see how that works out when he isn't able to load up on P5 transfers to beat up on teams
that are midmajors in every sense of the word. I think SMU takes a step back next year, they will be a 6-8 win team in 2024. Happy for Lash, but let's pump the brakes. SMU is a very good midmajor program that is about to enter a new era, and honestly, it's going to be tough for them, because there won't be as many gimmie games on their schedule.
Ceiling is peak Texas Tech circa MIke Leach

Advertisement
Back