Lashlee vs Fuller

Advertisement
They have faced off twice as coordinators:

In 2019, when Fuller was at Memphis and Lashlee was at SMU. It was actually a very hyped game, College GameDay was in town. Both teams were ranked, and Memphis won, but Lashlee absolutely obliterated Fuller's defense. 48 points, 553 yards of offense, 7.00 Yards per Play, 0 turnovers.

Last year, Lashlee completely prison raped him again to the tune of 42 first-half points, 517 yards, 6.08 YPP and a complete victory lap the entire 2nd half.

2 games worth (really a game and a half when you consider how much we let off the gas last year) and 100 total points, almost 1100 yards.

I know the offense hasn't lived up to our expectations so far this year, but we are trending in the right direction. 4 straight games of 31+ points, and 3 successive season-highs in yards per play. 5.92 YPP vs NC State, 6.90 vs Pitt, and ballooning to 7.41 last week vs GT.

I think we can all agree that we probably shouldn't have much confidence in the defense. Yes, last week was the best performance of the season. And yes, FSU is not as good offensively as the teams we've played. Also, Manny has never given up more than 20 points to FSU in his previous 5 years here. But I wouldn't be running out to bet on that continuing this year. So, if we're going to win, I think this game is on the shoulders of Lashlee and the offense. IMO, if we can get to 31+ again like we have in the past 4 games, we should win the game. FSU has only scored 31+ four times in 9 games. 38 vs ND on opening night, 33 vs Syracuse, 59 vs the worst team in the country (UMass) and 35 vs UNC. 31+ gets the job done, and Lashlee's success against Fuller's defense gives me a lot of confidence that we get there.
In all honesty, we should destroy them again, and those facts should play a big role.

Lashlee has seemed to be confident in the offensive play calling most of the time with our personnel...(yes I know he absolutely sucks in clutch short yardage situations)...but for the most part our offense has been rolling with TVD.

FSU doesn't have a chance IMO, but then again our defense...

We put 60 on them and the administration might fire him for being a bully. Hmmmm......
Do It GIF

Advertisement
We're giving up over 30 points a game and that includes a CC St shutout. We've also played 5 ACC games decided by 13 total points. Don't see either trend changing.

Miami 35
fsu 30

That's actually one of my favorite excuses.

Yes, we know you suck. We all know. The whole world knows you blow donkey ****. Wanna know the cool part? That's your fault, you ******* losers.

I will be there, as usual, on Saturday afternoon. And yes, this year has really been depressing, for the most part. Yes, we need a new coach. Yes, winning on Saturday is, at best, a small victory in the long-term health of the program.

But you know what? For 4 hours on Saturday, I don't give a flying fvck about anything else. Nothing that has happened before or will happen after means a single thing to me.

Because, no matter what, chanting "IT'S GREAT...TO BE....A MIAMIIIII HURRRRRRRR-UH-CANE!!!!!" as we all bounce down the ramps of that stadium after pushing their ****t in on their home field will NEVER, EVER get old.
Man I am with you on this, this will be my son and I's first FSU game live and my first at the doak. We are sitting in section 15 hope some of you are there as well.

Advertisement
Back