Lashlee on Joe Rose 10/8

Thank you for summarizing! I just want to know why in the world Joe Rose would ask Lashlee if he would be slowing down the offense v. Clemson... wouldn't that play to Clemson's strengths? I get trying to chew some clock but Clemson is going to score regardless. Tempo is one of our greatest offensive strengths through the first 3 games

Advertisement
The spread between HC pay and coordinator pay is too high. I'd like to see us be able to pay the highest quality coordinators to stay coordinators if they want to. Don't take the bump to HC for $ only reasons. In many lines of work, when you get that coveted promo you'll find there's less time to do the things you've grown to love.
That salary difference is not going to be nearly as prominent when looking at Go5 HC salaries, which might be the most likely type of school to offer Lash a HC gig after this season.

I’m thinking there may be fewer HC positions opening up than usual, especially in the P5. Underperforming coaches have an excuse in that Covid eliminated most of training camp. Not sure how many ADs will be willing to eat buyouts without the HC having a chance to put a quality product on the field.

Also, the eligibility rules after the season will be such that teams will have an opportunity to bring back veteran players who would’ve normally been done. I gotta think the likelihood that those seniors come back will be negatively impacted if they’re going to be dealing w a brand new coaching staff.

Rose starts off telling Lashlee how fun it’s been to watch so far- Lashlee thanks him and says it’s been fun to see the team come together
Rose gets into all the talent Clemson has, asks Lashlee if he feels good going into it- Lashlee says he does feel good and that him and the staff are excited to go watch the team play- talks about Clemson’s accolades- says this is why you come to the U- says we have to go out and play, game is still played the same way-
Krantz brings up the offensive line- how well they’ve played- Lashlee says we will only play as well as they go- they’ve gained confidence every week- says that’s what cool about this game, Trevor vs King, or our offense vs their defense, but not one player will win the game alone, it’s a team game-it’s about us- it’s just the next game- won’t define us one way or the other
Rose asks about the WR’s, specifically the veterans, if they are where they thought they would be in the offense- Lashlee says he didn’t know what to expect, had their best week of practice before FSU game- they’ve made some plays and if they don’t make the plays they are motivated to redeem their selves- touched on the young guys coming along and getting more playing time- there isn’t one guy that has to be the guy, we can spread the ball around-
Rose mentions about everything king can do, is there anything King has done to surprise Lashlee- Lashlee says he coached against him before, says he’s just amazed how consistent he is, the same player and leader everyday, moment is never to big for him-
Krantz talks about the TE’s, what a luxury it is to have them-Lashlee says its huge, have guys that allow us to be versatile, Mallory has been banged up, bye came at a good time for him, Louisville play that got called back showed what he could do-
Rose mentions showing Louisville play to NFL scouts, what a team guy he is with Brevin, talked about them playing at the next level- Lashlee says it’s no question they can both play at the next level, both equally happy for each other when they make plays-
Rose mentions uptempo offense, and again asks him if he’s going to slow down due to playing Clemson (what a puss) and putting the defense back out there to quick- Lashlee says that nothing changes, if what you do gets you to big game opportunities it doesn’t make sense to change when you get there, we have to be who we are- lot of confidence in our defense- talked about Venebeales being the best DC in the game, lot of time people change their plan, but we are gonna play our game and play our best-
Krantz asked about run/pass balance, asked if he was happy with it- Lashlee talks about balance, people assuming its 50/50, he says that’s not the case, each game is different, have to have the ability to take what defense gives you, but he think no one can win championships without running the football, if you can run the football it opens up the passing game, if you can’t no room for error in the passing game, Clemson is notorious for stopping the run for four quarters, and that gets people pressing a little bit, forcing turnovers, make no mistake to win this game or championship have to run the ball-
Rose mentions the freshman RB’s, playing faster, figured out the offense- Lashlee says definitely, seeing them in fall camp have to give them 4-6 weeks, after that he says they don’t see them as freshmen anymore, Hickson does a great job with them, Harris leading the way, getting them opportunities, playing on the road and rivalry games, feels great about them and handling them-
They wished Lashlee luck this weekend
The whole slowing down to face a dominant opponent does 2 things: 1, it tells your own team you're not confident you can beat the opponent, & 2, it takes you out of your normal rhythm...

This isn't playground 🏀, you don't keep the ball when you score. It doesn't matter how fast you score, it only matters that you do (and not just FGs).

Advertisement
Lets make Lashlee our HC / OC, Manny to AD and get a monster DC.....
Lol I was thinking about this the other day, but in 2 years if it comes down to Lashlee wants to be the HC here, how can you say no? Lol like can we have CO Head Coaches? I’m doing whatever to keep Lashlee

Then you married a real one. Good on you, my friend.

Most of us are in a situation where it'd be REALLY tough to tell our wives, "Guess what, honey? I got a call today. Guy offered me $2M a year to move to Colorado Springs. I told him no, though. We're good here with my $800K, right?"

That's how you get stabbed in your sleep.
Hi honey, we live in Miami, I'm happy at my job and I'm earning a **** load of money.

Being an OC at Miami is better then being a HC at say Toledo. We will give him more $ if that's what it takes. I'm sure his wife loves it down there. Anyway great summary. One of the best I've ever seen on this site. Much appreciated.

Advertisement
Having Lashlee for as long as possible would be great and if he goes onto bigger things, he obviously improved us.

It should not take from the fact that in 3 games, it is ridiculously obvious that we need to run this form of Offense for the remainder of our football existence. Ideally that will be with Lashlee for as long as possible but if not, it has to be THIS offense.

Hopefully Justice is learning quickly...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Or you can tell her "hunny I got an offer to move to Cleveland for a few bucks more and I took it" I bet she kicks you in the ***!

1602176793736.png

I love Lashlee and the hire. But why is everyone so obsessed with him becoming the next greatest head coach? We put up a lot of points on 2 of the worst defenses in the nation. The same 2 teams last year we had our best games against...

I don't understand the 1 and done at UM assumption at all.
It's a mental thing. It's been so long since Miami has had something nice, people automatically assume it will get taken away. Decades of suck will do that to a fan base.

Then you married a real one. Good on you, my friend.

Most of us are in a situation where it'd be REALLY tough to tell our wives, "Guess what, honey? I got a call today. Guy offered me $2M a year to move to Colorado Springs. I told him no, though. We're good here with my $800K, right?"

That's how you get stabbed in your sleep.

I am married to a Puerto Rican, that is another way to get stabbed in your sleep, or in the kitchen, or in the easy chair, or the pantry..........

The whole slowing down to face a dominant opponent does 2 things: 1, it tells your own team you're not confident you can beat the opponent, & 2, it takes you out of your normal rhythm...

This isn't playground 🏀, you don't keep the ball when you score. It doesn't matter how fast you score, it only matters that you do (and not just FGs).
well, it depends. if you are leading by a couple of scores and time is tight, slowing down the game is smart. at the beginning of the game? not so much

Advertisement
Back