Lashlee on Joe Rose 10/8

Advertisement
The spread between HC pay and coordinator pay is too high. I'd like to see us be able to pay the highest quality coordinators to stay coordinators if they want to. Don't take the bump to HC for $ only reasons. In many lines of work, when you get that coveted promo you'll find there's less time to do the things you've grown to love.
It's not just money for guys like Lash. Lash was born to be a HC, and he wants his own team to run. He's not a spastic nerd like Venables who was happy just being a DC forever. If a guy wants to be a HC, he's going to make that move when he gets the right chance even if the money might be similar.

I love Lashlee and the hire. But why is everyone so obsessed with him becoming the next greatest head coach? We put up a lot of points on 2 of the worst defenses in the nation. The same 2 teams last year we had our best games against...

I don't understand the 1 and done at UM assumption at all.
If you can't see the difference between this year's O and last year's O, then you're not paying attention. This is a complete turn around.

Advertisement
The whole slowing down to face a dominant opponent does 2 things: 1, it tells your own team you're not confident you can beat the opponent, & 2, it takes you out of your normal rhythm...

This isn't playground 🏀, you don't keep the ball when you score. It doesn't matter how fast you score, it only matters that you do (and not just FGs).

and tempo is one of the ways you wear down a team that might be a bit better or more physical than your team is. This would be like Larry Holmes going into a fight without his jab.

Best part of the interview right here, and pay attention coach diaz and take notes:

Rose asks about the WR’s, specifically the veterans, if they are where they thought they would be in the offense- Lashlee says he didn’t know what to expect, had their best week of practice before FSU game
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Just in case coach diaz didn't catch on, notice he said "the receivers had their best week of practice" AFTER THE FSU BEATDOWN!

Coach diaz has been famous for saying "best week of practice" phrases prior to losses or close games against Central Michigan!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back