Lashlee Named Broyles Award Candidate

423Hurricane

I’m Well On My Way
Premium
Advertisement
Lashlee Named Broyles Award Candidate – University of Miami Athletics (miamihurricanes.com)

Considering all the challenges that 2020 has presented, he's done a really good job of bringing the type of offense to the U that we've wanted to see for years. I'm excited to see what he can do in year 2 with a full practise schedule and increased knowledge of his O players.

depends on who the QB is on how year 2 will look but our offensive line should be better.

we lose Brevin and Harley/Harris possibly but should still have plenty of weapons.

depends on who the QB is on how year 2 will look but our offensive line should be better.

we lose Brevin and Harley/Harris possibly but should still have plenty of weapons.
Hopefully, the next few weeks will give us answers as to what the roster will look like next year.

Lashlee Named Broyles Award Candidate – University of Miami Athletics (miamihurricanes.com)

Considering all the challenges that 2020 has presented, he's done a really good job of bringing the type of offense to the U that we've wanted to see for years. I'm excited to see what he can do in year 2 with a full practise schedule and increased knowledge of his O players.
Considering how terrible we've been offensively for ages, he deserves more credit than he gets, IMO.

Advertisement
Considering how terrible we've been offensively for ages, he deserves more credit than he gets, IMO.
No doubt. Installing a completely new offense with a drastically reduced amount of reps due to Covid, he's been as advertised. Hopefully, he can get a full compliment of off season work this coming year.

No doubt. Installing a completely new offense with a drastically reduced amount of reps due to Covid, he's been as advertised. Hopefully, he can get a full compliment of off season work this coming year.
He's interesting because he's gotten plays converted, and it's not some gimmicky jailbreak spread. We get intermediate plays that bust long because the spread got the coverage spread out, we get RB plays that bust out, TEs ... gotta say for first year, what he inherited at OL, and WRs with catch prollems, and covid ... definitely a good outcome.

One observation on Lashlee that is counter to the above is it's hard to judge how much of his credit is really King making plays where the past few guys just didn't. There were so many plays the past few years where the receiver was open, and ... it just didn't work. Ball overthrown, underthrown, thrown behind the guy, or even on target and it gets dropped. It doesn't take too many of them to work out before the game is totally different.

Stand by my comments on Lashlee above, but I credit King with a lot of the outcome this year. It's a game of inches and he's gotten it done a lot more and better than prior guys.

Advertisement
He's interesting because he's gotten plays converted, and it's not some gimmicky jailbreak spread. We get intermediate plays that bust long because the spread got the coverage spread out, we get RB plays that bust out, TEs ... gotta say for first year, what he inherited at OL, and WRs with catch prollems, and covid ... definitely a good outcome.
The Manny Diaz Show | Season Two | Episode 10 - YouTube

I really enjoy the breakdown segment of these shows. One of the things that stand out to me is how Lashlee sets up plays. A great example is the 89 yd TD from King to Harley. Manny breaks down that sequence.

One observation on Lashlee that is counter to the above is it's hard to judge how much of his credit is really King making plays where the past few guys just didn't. There were so many plays the past few years where the receiver was open, and ... it just didn't work. Ball overthrown, underthrown, thrown behind the guy, or even on target and it gets dropped. It doesn't take too many of them to work out before the game is totally different.

Stand by my comments on Lashlee above, but I credit King with a lot of the outcome this year. It's a game of inches and he's gotten it done a lot more and better than prior guys.

King has been nothing short of a miracle for us, as he is able to mask the majority of the O-line downfalls we still have. I wish we could see what King could do with this offense with actual solid protection. He'd be unstoppable.

Where is Brevin going? His stock has dropped because he cannot stay on the field. He needs to definitely return and prove he can stay healthy.

Where is Brevin going? His stock has dropped because he cannot stay on the field. He needs to definitely return and prove he can stay healthy.

nah he is a 3rd rounder at worst. No reason to risk another injury to come back and play. He will make an nfl roster no doubt. No guarantee another year gets him into the 1st rd or 2nd

Advertisement
314 yards and 26 points against an average (at best) UNC defense. Nice job, corch.

Advertisement
Back