Lashlee and Baker discuss unit progression, what FSU brings

Advertisement
Didn’t make the connection until now that Lashlee faced this guy’s defense last year. Curious to see how the game unfolds.

We know that we’ll get FSU’s best effort, regardless of how bad they are. I’m still expecting us to roll, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they came out firing on all cylinders because they have something to prove.

If we can weather that initial storm, I think the game will be over by half. But if they have success early, we could give them confidence. Hope we don’t sleepwalk in the 1st quarter.

SMU put up 553 yards and 48 points. Obviously that guy didn't have the FSU's players, but still. 400+ of those yards were through the air.

Bro, Diaz needs to go get Utah's DC, Morgan Scalley. Runs a 4-2-5 and they had the lowest average passing yards/play in CFB last year. I think he is making 820k per year. Miami needs to dig in the sofa cushions and come up with the cash.
Racist issues I believe

Advertisement
Whatever this team accomplishes this season, it'll be in spite of Blake Baker. Our base scheme with 4 aggressive down lineman is the foundation of everything that happens on defense, but that's a bare minimum expectation of any Miami defense. I just don't see it happening with Baker. Win some games this season and spend some of that capital on a better DC. Then we'll be a title contender.

You know Baker is fluffing when he says T. Couch did well.
Cause that kid had trouble out there.

I just can't with the fluff ****. Don't throw the kids under the bus, but don't straight up fluff them either.
Acting like everything is basically good after giving up 500+ yards of offense is some complacent bullsh!t.

Complete contrast from Lashlee.

Advertisement
Reading Baker's comments reminds of the weakazz society we live in today when all players on a team receive a participation trophy for finishing in last place! Come on little Johnny, you did great. Nevermind the four dropped balls, three penalties you committed and the fact you were late to the team meeting before the game! You're awesome Johnny...keep up the great work.

For God's sakes, this Baker dude needs to be removed of his duties yesterday!

Can we just make Ed Reed a full time position coach, it seems pretty clear to me he wouldn't mind being on staff in that role. I mean that's basically what he's doing, he's essentially a coach for us without actually being a coach.

Anyway, The Baker man put together his best called game of his career for FSU 2019, gotta follow that up with similar performance. Obviously there's no Greg Rousseau this game (wish Rousseau would've came back just to play FSU & Clemson & then sit out the rest of the season lol), but we can create similar style pressure as we did last year.

Phillips, JHH, Nesta, Roche, Cam Williams, Ford & Miller are all going to eat this game, I think we get to Blackman at least 7-8 sacks this game, I also think Cam Williams & Jahfari Harvey will shine this game with multiple sacks from both.

FSU sucks, they're going to throw nothing but screens & work the TE over the middle, this is a game where we should be routinely dropping 7 in coverage & forcing Blackman to beat us with his mind, keep him contained in the pocket & make him make decisions & he'll throw us the ball.

If I'm Baker I'm putting Amari Carter on special assignment, go find Jashun Corbin in the first quarter & knock his *** out of the game, the refs are gonna call you for targeting anyway even if you make a textbook tackle, so you might as well actually target his *** & just get it out the way, put that mf'er on concussion protocol.
They would play Corbin even with a concussion. That RB room is atrocious.
My biggest concern is Ivey covering on an island after Baker praising him. Last season Bandy followed Terry around and got in his head. Hopefully they have Al do that on Saturday. Mathews speed on Ivey worries me, too. I wouldn’t trust Gil covering Mathews or Terry in the slot without FS help either. The only way they stay in the game is with big plays over the top.

They would play Corbin even with a concussion. That RB room is atrocious.
My biggest concern is Ivey covering on an island after Baker praising him. Last season Bandy followed Terry around and got in his head. Hopefully they have Al do that on Saturday. Mathews speed on Ivey worries me, too. I wouldn’t trust Gil covering Mathews or Terry in the slot without FS help either. The only way they stay in the game is with big plays over the top.
Mathews is in the portal. They got that Helton guy tho who is a speed guy

Advertisement
“Ed’s been awesome. He sees things a little differently, from 30,000 feet,” Baker said. “Even coming up to me during the game, `Hey, did you see this, see that?’ He’s really, really been good for us, is fun to be around.”

He sees things as only the best Safety - a position that has to see one specific thing and everything at the same time - in the history of the sport can see them. On top of everything, even though Ed was a great athlete, he won a lot of times with his brain and vision. If I were a defensive coach, Ed Reed would have to get ****ed off and stop me from asking him questions.

I don't know squat - and don't claim to.

But I'd be begging Ed Reed to be upstairs - with a headphone on. Analyzing, Observing, and Adjusting (by suggestion).

Advertisement
Make Ed Reed the DC and fire Baker. Have Ed call up Ray Lewis to coach the LBs and fire Patke. T2 will surely commit if Ray Lewis calls his phone and so will just about any top LB recruit he talks to.

Baker will not be here next year. Lashlee will tell DIAZ, I've done my job with the offense now do your job on hiring a capable DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. Baker has no confidence in himself. He's lost.

Diaz is his buddy... he ain't going nowhere unless he completely bombs out.

Diaz is his buddy... he ain't going nowhere unless he completely bombs out.

100. why didn’t people see this? Diaz wants someone he is familiar with that will run his system. Manny ain’t letting go of the defense to a well known or respected DC that will run their own scheme.

Advertisement
Back