Larry Scott interviewed for another HC job prior to the Bowl

I guessing that half back pass in the blizzard caused them to not call him back.

Advertisement
but didnt you say "at a school that probably isnt going to retain you" , yet we offered him the WR coaching job so what do you mean by that statement sir ? Just curious !
I hope youre not talking about him being retained as HC because that's hilarious.

Mark Richt had already been hired as the head coach. Work with me here.

Scott could "stay focused" and hope to be retained as a position coach, or he could take a shot at a head coaching gig. That's a no brainer.

And it's worth mentioning that we didn't lose that game because Scott was looking for another job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why is this a surprise to anybody?

It also looks like that school that turned him down feels like I do. He's done nothing special, at least yet.

According to this article, Scott applied but never got an interview. Also, they hired their coach on December 14th.

Applicants that received interviews include Viator, Scelfo, Alcorn State coach Jay Hopson, TCU running backs coach Curtis Luper and USC quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator Tyson Helton, who at the time was offensive coordinator at Western Kentucky.

Former CU coach Hawkins among applicants for ULM job

i could care less where he winds up. I'm so glad that Richt fired everyone associated with the program.

Advertisement
Never mind.... asked and answered

Embarrassing to apply and get a " no thank you ". Reflection on the Golden coaching tree.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back