Larry Scott interviewed for another HC job prior to the Bowl

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
image.jpg

Advertisement
Good to know he was focused for the bowl game.

Stay focused for a meaningless December bowl game at a school that probably isn't going to retain you, or interview at a school where you have a realistic shot at becoming the head coach. Tough call.

Advertisement

Stay focused for a meaningless December bowl game at a school that probably isn't going to retain you, or interview at a school where you have a realistic shot at becoming the head coach. Tough call.

Yet he still ends up only coaching tight ends at Tennessee, when he had an offer to coach WRs here ? If he seriously was upset because we "demoted" him from his INTERIM position, then oh well.

Advertisement
that's interesting wow... man he had a lot going on during that time...

New coach
Bowl game
Current job
New job

Yikes...good he landed on his feet ....MOVING ON...

Yet he still ends up only coaching tight ends at Tennessee, when he had an offer to coach WRs here ? If he seriously was upset because we "demoted" him from his INTERIM position, then oh well.

None of that has anything to do with what I wrote. Stay focused.

None of that has anything to do with what I wrote. Stay focused.
but didnt you say "at a school that probably isnt going to retain you" , yet we offered him the WR coaching job so what do you mean by that statement sir ? Just curious !
I hope youre not talking about him being retained as HC because that's hilarious.

Advertisement
but didnt you say "at a school that probably isnt going to retain you" , yet we offered him the WR coaching job so what do you mean by that statement sir ? Just curious !
I hope youre not talking about him being retained as HC because that's hilarious.

Mark Richt had already been hired as the head coach. Work with me here.

Scott could "stay focused" and hope to be retained as a position coach, or he could take a shot at a head coaching gig. That's a no brainer.

Mark Richt had already been hired as the head coach. Work with me here.

Scott could "stay focused" and hope to be retained as a position coach, or he could take a shot at a head coaching gig. That's a no brainer.
Ok i see what you're saying. I originally thought you were inferring that he should be upset that we didn't retain him as Head Coach
I guess I would just rather him stay focused on the team he is currently coaching for and take the WR job here instead of go interview for a job he didnt get and make a lateral move to Tennessee instead .

I've got no issue with it. We're talking about the man's profession. You've got to explore as many opportunities as possible. I think sitting around hoping and waiting to be retained would have been a bad idea.

Advertisement
So, he was interviewing for another HC job while preparing for Bowl Game and STILL did better than Golden -- that says everything about Al.

I've got no issue with it. We're talking about the man's profession. You've got to explore as many opportunities as possible. I think sitting around hoping and waiting to be retained would have been a bad idea.
AMEN AMEN AMEN

Advertisement
Back