Larry Hope

Hstokes1447

Junior
Would it be best for Larry Hope to be moved to safety? With Burns coming in and quickly moving up the depth chart competing for the 4th CB spot with Nate, that makes Larry the odd man out. Now I do understand that the team needs 6 CB's in case of injury, but I think it will be smart to start to get Larry some practice at safety now. At 6-0 183 running 4.4 Larry has good size for a college safety. With one more full off season he could be between 195 & 200 pounds, if he can maintain his speed he could make a difference as a safety.

As it stands now going into 2014 this team will only return 3 scholarship safties and 8 scholarship CB's. I would hate for this team to be forced to play a true freshman at safety next season while Larry continue to be the 6th man at CB. This staff has been doing an amazing job at roster management and I think a move like this is one they should consider.

Advertisement
I already project him there by next season

Howard
Crawford
Gunter
Burns
Dortch
Elder
Bethel

Bush
Jenkins
Carter
Hope

I'd leave him at CB. Let him develop there, and perhaps he cracks the rotation as an upperclassman (which is a normal progression for a recruit).

I also think Corn ends up on offense.

Advertisement
Naw I'd let Hope continue to develop as a corner....

The only corner I would consider moving to safety is Ladarius Gunter b/c he has the size and would actually be ready to make an impact quickly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bush will be moved to linebacker eventually so why not.

Pretty sure that wont happen.

I'd rather see Tucker at safety. He's. 220 now and certainly fast enough.
Nothing wrong with a 235 lb safety who's faster than anybody on the other team.
I seem to remember we've seen that before at Miami.

Advertisement
I don't get why some of you can't relax and let the coaches do their jobs. If they think that he should get practice reps at safety, he'll get them.

I don't get why some of you can't relax and let the coaches do their jobs. If they think that he should get practice reps at safety, he'll get them.

I'm thinking because that's what these threads, and this site is for: a place for Canes' fans, and a fair number of gator and FSU trolls, to discuss, debate and, many times, argue about all things Cane related.

We're fanatics, it's what we do.

Advertisement
Back