Larry Blustein

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
I know he was needing some major transplant a few weeks/months ago and at a very critical point but I never heard an update. Anyone here know how he is?

I got to hang with him for a few hours about 15 years ago and he was an exceptionally nice dude and 100% authentic in his passion for helping kids.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great to hear Blu is good. With all the blood suckers and hanger-on in So FL like Slave Trader, Blu is huge breath of fresh sea air.

Advertisement
Gulliver Prep w/ 3 kids in the top 15. I grew up with a close family friend in MN that is history teacher there now. Anybody know if these likely end up transferring to a higher regarded school? Why haven't they been more prominent in the past etc.?

Otherwise - I see a lot of Central, Booker T, Heritage & St. Thomas kids in that list as usual.
Not a lot of Miramar, Norland (which I would have expected).

Advertisement
Great to hear that. I went to the website for the newspaper he works for, but didn't see anything. Last I read was an article he wrote a year ago about his travails while waiting for a kidney. Many people are not so lucky:

http://nkfstayinghealthy.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/my-kidney-punch-a-personal-survival-story/

This is great news, I know he was very popular with people who knew him in south Florida and was like an institution. I was hoping that, among his many friends, somebody might come forward with a donation. I'm sure he's in good hands with his cardiac issue and can do quite well afterwards. Best of Luck to Larry.

Advertisement
Back