Larry Bluestein sick?

All ACC
Premium
Blustein*

Listened to his segment on Joe Rose for the first time in a while tonight. They mentioned he has a kidney disease and needs a transplant. Horrible, I always loved his segments. Anyone know more about it or his situation?

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's correct. He's been sick for quite some time. 560 WQAM is doing a show next week Wednesday at some restaurant which I forget the name at the moment. All proceeds received will go to Blu and his kidney transplant...

Listened to his segment on Joe Rose for the first time in a while tonight. They mentioned he has a kidney disease and needs a transplant. Horrible, I always loved his segments. Anyone know more about it or his situation?

That's correct. He's been sick for quite some time. 560 WQAM is doing a show next week Wednesday at some restaurant which I forget the name at the moment. All proceeds received will go to Blu and his kidney transplant...

Here is the link. Its at Bokampers in Miramar
http://sfhighschoolsports.com/2013/12/a-night-for-blu/

Wow, that really sucks. I met Larry once and he was an extremely friendly person, and obviously he's made it his life's work to get prospects lots of exposure. really hate to hear this.

Advertisement
i remember Blustein from like my Freshman yr in high schooll he would just walk out to our practices with his back back and note pad. Everybody would go a little bit harder....

dude put in work.....knew all of us before we got good or before guys became 5 stars...i actually made Blustein's all digest team in high school....always respected the guy ever since.

Advertisement
In an era where everyone wants to attach themselves to a kid or "get theirs," Blu has done it all the right way and for the right reasons.

Get well soon, Larry.

Advertisement
Back