Larranaga's assistants

CANEFAN83

Sophomore
We all discuss all the aspects of miami's personnel team as far as the players. But I always wondered does Coach L have good assistants? I remember when he first started at Miami our assistants seemed pretty good and some left for other HC jobs.

Does anyone know if miami's assistants are still pretty adequate? It seems HC's are only as good as their assistants in some respects.

Advertisement
Early in his tenure Konkol & Huger were excellent and we were superior from a true X’s and O’s standpoint during those years.

Caputo also is now a HC.

I think L has had great assistants during his tenure and the HC gigs speak to that but the most important thing with L is continuity on the staff. Seems like his guys stay with him for years until the right opportunity presents itself and I understand why.

I think basketball assistants tend to stay longer than in football. If you check the resumes of any football coach, they seem to move every year or two. Then we have people ask why someone is always changing jobs. It seems to be the nature of the pforession. Also probably due to the myriad of specialties for which football coaches are hired for and wish to be trained for.

We all discuss all the aspects of miami's personnel team as far as the players. But I always wondered does Coach L have good assistants? I remember when he first started at Miami our assistants seemed pretty good and some left for other HC jobs.

Does anyone know if miami's assistants are still pretty adequate? It seems HC's are only as good as their assistants in some respects.
Yes.

Advertisement
Does L have good assistants? The resume over the last 3 years speaks for itself. It took L some time to rebuild following that NCAA nonsense, and losing two **** good, long tenured assistants, but if you look at how guys have developed, and how recruiting is going, it's obvious these guys are solid. Miami doesn't have nearly the huge staffs of other schools, but L makes it work.

Bill Courtney is an excellent recruiter and very respected. Kotie is a younger version of Courtney minus the HC experience (Cornell).

DJ is there for his recruiting and Team Final ties.

Advertisement
Back