Larranaga makes players off limits to the media

Coach was just on mike and mike. Only caught the back end where they were talking about changing the nba age limit.

I never understood why they had one to begin with, especially 1 year minimum. I think it makes more sense to get rid of it.

It makes perfect sense to have a 1 year minimum. It requires players who have dominated high school with NBA size to play against other players with NBA size that may not have the same skill or faced better opposition. It has nothing to do with the college game and everything to do with the NBA protecting their 60 draft picks and huge signing bonuses paid to people like Kwame Brown who was a talentless ******* but was bigger than everyone else and utilized that to making millions of dollars off of teams that never would have invited him to undrafted free agent camps, let alone a Las Vegas summer camp.

1 Year does all this? I think it was intended to get these guys into college instead of turning pro so early. Let them get a "real education" and consider their adult decisions.

Yes, because it isn't 1 year in college. It's 1 year out of high school. See Brandon Jennings, dude went to Italy, and teams were able to scout him against a very good league before making a decision on whether or not he was a lottery pick.

The one year out rule has NOTHING to do with college. Stern doesn't give a **** about these kids. He cares about the league and making money. The players are irrelevant unless they are Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James. That's about it.

Oh my bad. I really thought the purpose of the rule was to give kids a chance to make an educated decision. By forcing them to go to college (yes Brandon Jennings is an outlier and not the norm) they may realize they want to get an education and need one as well.

I still think 1 year is stupid even if the intent is different.

Advertisement
It makes perfect sense to have a 1 year minimum. It requires players who have dominated high school with NBA size to play against other players with NBA size that may not have the same skill or faced better opposition. It has nothing to do with the college game and everything to do with the NBA protecting their 60 draft picks and huge signing bonuses paid to people like Kwame Brown who was a talentless ******* but was bigger than everyone else and utilized that to making millions of dollars off of teams that never would have invited him to undrafted free agent camps, let alone a Las Vegas summer camp.

Exactly. David Stern was protecting the owners from themselves. It's his job to look out for the good of the owners, but yeah, it has zero to do with the college game.

Advertisement
Back