Larranaga makes players off limits to the media

Problem2

All-American
Premium
UM basketball players off limits to the media until further notice...hmm
4:19pm - 24 Feb 13

I guess play time is over

Advertisement
I wish our fucccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkking local media would cover more basketball. Have some interviews with coach and his staff.

Its all good. It was natural that the guys had to make a shift from no expectations to high ones and all the distractions that come with it.

All a part of becoming relevant on the national scene.

Advertisement
I love it. This will sink in with the players that they f-d up, and Coach means business.

Win at home and we win the regular season. Take the 1 seed into the ACC tournament and do something with it and we will be fine. Beat Duke two more times before the NCAA championships and we are back to a 1 seed.

Last edited:
w the way weve been playing since UNC they def need to refocus. they havent looked like a top team since that saturday. We finally ran into a team that hit their shots when we were playing poorly and we paid the price. gotta get back to the basics.

Advertisement
I have a feeling they won't be off-limits to the media for TOO long... just long enough for them to regain their focus. I like the move.

this should improve our 3pt play...I like the move

They have to battle now to win the ACC...thats a good thing some teams are heating up should be a fun March in coral cables..

Spring Ball for Football, MENS BB team heading to the how may win the ACC...mens baseball 5-0...nice

Coach was just on mike and mike. Only caught the back end where they were talking about changing the nba age limit.

Advertisement
I caught the whole thing. No mention of having players off limits to media. Stressed they must focus on defense and get back to being a great defensive team. Then Mike n Mike starting talking about the experience of the team and that is what got them on to the age limit conversation.

Coach was just on mike and mike. Only caught the back end where they were talking about changing the nba age limit.

I never understood why they had one to begin with, especially 1 year minimum. I think it makes more sense to get rid of it.

Instead of making them off limits to the media, Coach should make them off themselves for playing like *** lately.

Advertisement

I never understood why they had one to begin with, especially 1 year minimum. I think it makes more sense to get rid of it.

It makes perfect sense to have a 1 year minimum. It requires players who have dominated high school with NBA size to play against other players with NBA size that may not have the same skill or faced better opposition. It has nothing to do with the college game and everything to do with the NBA protecting their 60 draft picks and huge signing bonuses paid to people like Kwame Brown who was a talentless ******* but was bigger than everyone else and utilized that to making millions of dollars off of teams that never would have invited him to undrafted free agent camps, let alone a Las Vegas summer camp.

It makes perfect sense to have a 1 year minimum. It requires players who have dominated high school with NBA size to play against other players with NBA size that may not have the same skill or faced better opposition. It has nothing to do with the college game and everything to do with the NBA protecting their 60 draft picks and huge signing bonuses paid to people like Kwame Brown who was a talentless ******* but was bigger than everyone else and utilized that to making millions of dollars off of teams that never would have invited him to undrafted free agent camps, let alone a Las Vegas summer camp.

1 Year does all this? I think it was intended to get these guys into college instead of turning pro so early. Let them get a "real education" and consider their adult decisions.

1 Year does all this? I think it was intended to get these guys into college instead of turning pro so early. Let them get a "real education" and consider their adult decisions.

Yes, because it isn't 1 year in college. It's 1 year out of high school. See Brandon Jennings, dude went to Italy, and teams were able to scout him against a very good league before making a decision on whether or not he was a lottery pick.

The one year out rule has NOTHING to do with college. Stern doesn't give a **** about these kids. He cares about the league and making money. The players are irrelevant unless they are Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James. That's about it.

Advertisement
Back