Larkin tweets

Advertisement
‏@chadfordinsider Just moved Shane Larkin from 50-50 to One Foot In. Sources say he's leaning strongly toward declaring for draft.

Just checked about a half dozen mock drafts and he was going in the 1st round in about half of them FWIW. 50/50 odds of him leaving sounds about right. Hope he stays 1 more year. Otherwise it's a total rebuild IMO.

Advertisement
if larkin stays one more year i can see him becoming a trey burke type player. A score first PG that can lead miami far

### Two NBA scouts said Shane Larkin won’t help his stock if he returns to school, and if he turns pro likely would be drafted between late in the first round and the middle of the second. TNT’s Steve Kerr, the former Suns GM, said Larkin projects as a career backup point guard.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

Unfortunately I have to say I agree. Hopefully shane falls in love in the next couple of days with a local dime piece and sticks around one more year

Advertisement
### Two NBA scouts said Shane Larkin won’t help his stock if he returns to school, and if he turns pro likely would be drafted between late in the first round and the middle of the second. TNT’s Steve Kerr, the former Suns GM, said Larkin projects as a career backup point guard.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

Unfortunately I have to say I agree. Hopefully shane falls in love in the next couple of days with a local dime piece and sticks around one more year

I disagree, I think his draft position will depend more on who else is available. This is a deep PG class, I don't think it makes sense.

I just don't agree with the fact he won't improve coming back.

If he proves his passing or defense or even his shooting or what if he gets even a step quicker? You're telling me he couldn't get into the top 25 picks next year? I just don't believe that.

Especially if he's ACC POY, 1st team All-American, and widely regarded as the #1 PG in the country.

He could even get into top 20 next year IMO.

I think he should come back, and if so would make himself more money.

If he proves his passing or defense or even his shooting or what if he gets even a step quicker? You're telling me he couldn't get into the top 25 picks next year? I just don't believe that.

Especially if he's ACC POY, 1st team All-American, and widely regarded as the #1 PG in the country.

I agree.

Advertisement

I agree.

I think he could improve his game, Im just not sure how much his stock can improve. He was MVP of ACC tourney and was getting tons of national attention. He isnt going to get much bigger or stronger, his shot is left, handles are good, defense is good, etc.

I do agree that this draft class is pretty stocked with guards though, and he would go a little higher next year.

I agree.

I think he could improve his game, Im just not sure how much his stock can improve. He was MVP of ACC tourney and was getting tons of national attention. He isnt going to get much bigger or stronger, his shot is left, handles are good, defense is good, etc.

I do agree that this draft class is pretty stocked with guards though, and he would go a little higher next year.

So essentially the following:

1. He could improve, and

2. There is a lot of competition or depth at guard (his position).

What else do we know?

1. The kid is not dying for money (i.e. comes from a broken home and needs to support his family),

2. He has 2 years of eligibility left, and

3. He isn't guaranteed to be a first round pick.

Logic dictates.....STAY IN SCHOOL!

Next year's draft is loaded at Guard. Larkin will never surpass the draft position of Marcus Smart of Andrew Harrison. Not too mention a bunch of combo guards. The hope if he stays is that he would be next years Trey Burke but he would not have the level of talent that Burke. with all the Cane departures this season.

Advertisement

I agree.

So essentially the following:

1. He could improve, and

2. There is a lot of competition or depth at guard (his position).

What else do we know?

1. The kid is not dying for money (i.e. comes from a broken home and needs to support his family),

2. He has 2 years of eligibility left, and

3. He isn't guaranteed to be a first round pick.

Logic dictates.....STAY IN SCHOOL!

Logic doesnt factor in his dream, which Im assuming is to play in the NBA. Its right there if he so chooses. Maybe he is the type of person who wants to make his own money and not live off his dad either.

Im not saying I want him to go, Im just saying I cant blame him if he does. I hope like **** he doesnt actually

Look, he'll be the king of campus next year, and have the pick of a lot of hot-*** UM coeds. Let's say he gets drafted by the Bucks. Have fun with the Siberian women.

On the flipside, I sat next to a scout for the Hawks at the Miami-Indiana OB Classic game in '01. Darius was going to be a first round pick based purely on potential after his sophomore year. After his junior and senior years, the scouts and NBA teams saw he had a ceiling, and ended up getting kidnapped in China.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back