Coaching Lane to Oregon??

Oregon is nice and all, but I've said it since it was announced, USC is going to be a beast. LA, big time coach, stay home, etc. Besides New York, there is no city that has the kind of money LA has and if they put it into NIL deals, forget about it.

Some producer out there should start a series following the program. I'm not a USC fan, don't dislike them either, but I would tune in. So would a large percentage of college fans everywhere. Pay them a salary and you've got a hit with both sides happy.

Advertisement
I thought this offseason showed that no coach is absolutely in it for the long haul, they can all bounce. I understand if Lane isn't for everybody, but being scared he will leave in 2 years is not a good enough reason imo.

Advertisement
He's a walking, breathing red flag. Might be worth the gamble, but many teams reasonably believe he's not.
And those "many" teams will likely end up losing more games than they would have had they gone the Lane route. He's an excellent coach, period.

Advertisement
Passing on Lane set this program back forever. No one wants to hear it. The admin, who’s probably run by the mafia, purposely turned down Lane and his Bama S&C program to have Oregon’s middle of the road S&C program. Why? To have another Miami guy? No search. No AD in place.

This isn’t the Miami I grew up in. And I’m 3rd generation. There’s some rogue Part of UM that’s taken over and only wants Miami guys they can control.

Tom Herman would be a great fit for them and would probably want to stay put after going through the whole Texas big program expectations that are almost impossible to attain.
LOL you don't think Oregon have unrealistic expectations considering their recruiting base?

With USC back the next HC is on a hiding to nothing.

One potential problem for UM, of many, is that I bet the entire offense wanted Lane. They might say in interviews that they love the Mario hire. But c'mon, stop being delusional. I'm sure players on offense have the same questions I have. Wtf is going on? Why would the admin pass on Lane? The new staff is going to have a really hard time getting the players to forget that.

Advertisement
One potential problem for UM, of many, is that I bet the entire offense wanted Lane. They might say in interviews that they love the Mario hire. But c'mon, stop being delusional. I'm sure players on offense have the same questions I have. Wtf is going on? Why would the admin pass on Lane? The new staff is going to have a really hard time getting the players to forget that.
Your troll game is weak

Yeahhhh...the Oregon hire might end up being not exactly that impressive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back