Lane Talks After Loss

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 Homestead Wide Receiver Ermon Lane didn’t have the season start the way he wanted, as his team fell to Killian 42-21. He himself had 4 catches for 160 yards and 2 touchdowns in the fourth quarter.

“We just gotta go hard in practice. No days off. We just gotta win every other game and play every game like it’s our last. We came out and underestimated Killian and that’s what happens.”

As far as his personal goals, Lane says he is trying to be an All-American this season. He has a legitimate opportunity to do that, which is why there are so many schools on his trail.

“Recruiting is going good. I have no leaders, but I’m looking at Miami, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, and Oklahoma State.”

Miami Linebackers Coach Michael Barrow is an added advantage for the ‘Canes with Lane.

“I have a great relationship with Coach Barrow. That’s my cousin."

Lane compares himself to a former Alabama receiver.

“I’m similar to Julio Jones. We’re both big and physical.”

Advertisement
I'm sorry this story kinda sucks... Ermon wasn't in a talkative mood after the game (understandably) and I was lucky that he even let me interview him. He was visibly upset with his team's performance.

I really have to commend him for continuing to push even late in the 4th quarter when his team was down 42-7. That showed me a lot about his character.

Advertisement
I'm sorry this story kinda sucks... Ermon wasn't in a talkative mood after the game (understandably) and I was lucky that he even let me interview him. He was visibly upset with his team's performance.

I really have to commend him for continuing to push even late in the 4th quarter when his team was down 42-7. That showed me a lot about his character.

+1. His quotes also show a lot of accountability and maturity as a young football player. Good stuff imo (from the interviewer and interviewee). Definitely the kind of attitude that would fit on this team.

Advertisement
CANE, also love that he kept playing hard the whole game even when the score was out of hand.

Advertisement
Back