Lane Kiffin

CanadaCane

Freshman
So ..... If Lane Kiffin gets hired as the new Head Coach of UF we've got to be screwed when it comes to recruiting. Even through the sanctions, he brought in a lot more Star Power than Golden. We'll definitely have an even bigger uphill battle trying to recruit in the "State of Miami."

Advertisement
UF will get the new head coach recruiting bump that Tennessee did with Butch Jones and Penn State did with James Franklin, regardless of who gets hired as long as they land any of their rumored big name targets.

Golden and his staff have struggled at recruiting in-state studs before Muschamp was fired, and it will only get worse now. UF's administration seems to care about winning. Ours believes in victories of the moral variety.

Advertisement
what has kiffin done to get the UF job?

you better hope he doesn't get the job cause if he does he will push folden's crootin classes in the scrap heap. What did he do to get the Oakland Raiders job? Tennessee? USCw? Alabama OC? Nothing, yet he stays winning.

Advertisement
what has kiffin done to get the UF job?

you better hope he doesn't get the job cause if he does he will push folden's crootin classes in the scrap heap. What did he do to get the Oakland Raiders job? Tennessee? USCw? Alabama OC? Nothing, yet he stays winning.

c284b1c9-7e4e-411c-8b22-37490c70638f_114511948.jpg

Yup ..... He's winning.

UF's new coach will be Mike Gundy. If not him, then Jim McElwain.

I would be scared of McElwain. Of all the recent offensive coordinators who have been touted, I'm most impressed with his schemes and philosophy. At Alabama he transitioned seamlessly from read option looks and crossing patterns at midfield to pure power in the red zone. It would happen within seconds, the next play. The vast, vast majority of coaches who use spread looks are reluctant to shift to basic football. They continue to use shotgun on 3rd and 1.

At Colorado State, McElwain is running the ball less than I expected this season but there is a reason for it. His quarterback is averaging 9.5 yards per attempt. In that league he's figured out what he can abuse. I'm sure the balance would be different at Gainesville.

BTW, wasn't it refreshing to see how gorgeous our offense looked in that first half against Florida State? I'm so happy we have avoided the spread crap that so many have called for. Pro style designs still dominate when the personnel is sufficient. In fact, those looks are our advantage against Florida State. They never can deal with it when we are at our best.

I didn't follow his recruiting at SC or Tenn, but he is a total CORCH. Please make this happen UF.

Advertisement
UF's new coach will be Mike Gundy. If not him, then Jim McElwain.

I would be scared of McElwain. Of all the recent offensive coordinators who have been touted, I'm most impressed with his schemes and philosophy. At Alabama he transitioned seamlessly from read option looks and crossing patterns at midfield to pure power in the red zone. It would happen within seconds, the next play. The vast, vast majority of coaches who use spread looks are reluctant to shift to basic football. They continue to use shotgun on 3rd and 1.

At Colorado State, McElwain is running the ball less than I expected this season but there is a reason for it. His quarterback is averaging 9.5 yards per attempt. In that league he's figured out what he can abuse. I'm sure the balance would be different at Gainesville.

BTW, wasn't it refreshing to see how gorgeous our offense looked in that first half against Florida State? I'm so happy we have avoided the spread crap that so many have called for. Pro style designs still dominate when the personnel is sufficient. In fact, those looks are our advantage against Florida State. They never can deal with it when we are at our best.

Does McElwain run the triple option?

Whoever UF hires will continue the tradition of out recruiting Alice Folden in South Florida.

Advertisement
please stop. horrible post. he has very few ties to south florida. terrible analysis.

Advertisement
Back