Landon Jackson 5 star 2021 DE

Advertisement
It's totally unacceptable that we are not at the top of the list for this kid. If only our sorry a$$ makeshift staff knew what they were doing we wouldn't be in this situation. Pathetic!
Maybe we will get lucky and learn how to recruit

TAMU legacy. Tough to break from the cult.

It's a lifestyle to the red a$$es.
Wasn't Eric Winston a legacy?

EDIT: Maybe not. His stepfather went to TAMU. It caused a family rift when he deconmitted from TAMU and committed to UM. I thought he might have had an older brother who went to TAMU.

If you read down in the comments in the linked article one poster says Jessie Armstead has suffered from not having the TAMU network available. I wonder how. What is Jessie doing now?

Last edited by a moderator:
First Ive heard of him; where’s he from??

Advertisement
His father was a walk-on at TAMU and has visited them 3 straight months from April-June. Will likely visit them again after quiet period.
Read my post about Eric Winston...his family was all TAMU. After he committed to UM, it caused a rift so bad with his stepfather Eric had to move out of his house.

Maybe we've really got a shot here.

We're starting to develop connections with that part of the country. When JJ and Butch were on staff, we really knew Texas and other parts of that region. Maybe we have that again with Manny, Enos, and Patke.

EDIT: Maybe not. His stepfather went to TAMU. It caused a family rift when he deconmitted from TAMU and committed to UM. I thought he might have had an older brother who went to TAMU.

If you read down in the comments in the linked article one poster says Jessie Armstead has suffered from not having the TAMU network available. I wonder how. What is Jessie doing now?

Jesse Armstead is doing just fine without the “TAMU Network”. He is co-owner of several car dealerships through out the northeast and midwest.

For those who are unaware, TAMU (very few call it TAMU..its either "A&M" or "the Aggies") it really is a a lifestyle for entire families.

From The Corps, to Kyle Field (NO ONE is allowed to stand on the field until The Corps says so on game days), Yell Leaders (several "who is who" in TX society/politics were), entire school (**** near mandatory) Yell Practice, kissing your girl at TDs, the cannons, and of course Bonfire (killed several during construction years back--it reaches OVER 100').

Aggie loyalty, and the family demand of loyalty, is very unique.

If you live it, you love it. If you are outside the bubble, its either "good for them" or "thats kinda weird". There is no middle ground with the Aggies.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t care if he looks like Gollum. I want him. I want em all. We have 8 verbals. Our pass rush was pathetic. Could use a portal DE with some experience to pair with hopefully Shemar and Kelly. Although I admit I don’t know Jack about this dude and if he got any PT this year. But we were in his top 10 and his offer list was quite impressive.

He's struggled with injuries that made him miss all of spring practice and most of the season for LSU. When he did play, it was all special teams this year. If he's healthy he's got a super high ceiling. He's like 6'7 and pushing over 255 now I believe. Played Off ball LB, Edge LB and DE in high school and even played some TE as well. Wouldn't hate the take considering how badly we need some decent pass rushers but there is definitely a fair amount of risk.

When will Marlon Martinez and Marcus Dumervil enter the portal. Those are the two at LSU I am watching.

Comes from a town where on one side of the street they don’t sell beer on Sunday and on the other side you can get whatever you want.

Advertisement
Back