Landon Ibieta , 2022 WR Offered (COMMITTED!)

To offer a potential answer, I think its the last possibillity you mentioned.

Theres a ranking of HS football programs in Louisiana, and Mandeville (which is where he comes from) ranks 97th out of 286 whilst barely having an above .500 record from 2015-2019. They had one 10-win season in that time period.

Thanks bro! Appreciate that. That makes sense.

Advertisement
Bro; all I’m trying to do is ask ?’s. Lol. Like ppl be so in to their feelings.

I legit don’t know chit bout this kid, so when I saw the offers, I’m like ,well witf wouldn’t he commit to us??! Lol

But for him to be in SEC territory & not receive a single SEC offer, I’m just trying to find out what’s the deal? Is he using us for another offer? Is he underrated b/c of lack of exposure? Etc. Etc.
Not sure if you saw the other thread that Dmoney started on him but here are his actual testing numbers.

Ibieta tested earlier this year. The numbers aren’t publicly available, but colleges can access them through a paid service. Here are the results:

5’11 5/8, 182 lbs
4.51 forty (laser)
4.03 shuttle
37 inch vert

So he's a really good athlete overall and these are from January, he's also still only 16 so they should all improve and he shouldn't slow down having to gain a bunch of weight. He also went to the LSU camp and smoked everybody recently which is what is causing even more interest from everyone. It sounds like LSU wants him in their class but would need to drop someone for him, I'm sure those **** suckers have no issue ******* over some kid but probably want to assess him during the season. Point is they have been killing it for WR for a few years and appear to really want this kid. Seems like he'll blow up this year.

Somewhere on an LSU board, there’s a dude pounding the table for this kid just like Miami fans were pounding the table for TuTu Atwell. I’m sure at the time there was some Louisville fan asking why he didn’t have offers from any of the big three in Florida if he was so good. I’m not saying this kid is going to be great but in a year where south Florida has so few receiver prospects and you’re not exactly looking for a guy to step in right away, this is the kind of athlete you go after. His athletic testing numbers are near elite and he was productive on the field. I like the pickup:

Somewhere on an LSU board, there’s a dude pounding the table for this kid just like Miami fans were pounding the table for TuTu Atwell. I’m sure at the time there was some Louisville fan asking why he didn’t have offers from any of the big three in Florida if he was so good. I’m not saying this kid is going to be great but in a year where south Florida has so few receiver prospects and you’re not exactly looking for a guy to step in right away, this is the kind of athlete you go after. His athletic testing numbers are near elite and he was productive on the field. I like the pickup:
Love this pickup. Of course, we have fans complaining lol This kid already works harder than Pope and Wiggins hahah

Advertisement
Ibieta has a skillset that maybe only 1 or 2 guys on our roster have even shown flashes of so far. Kid can go up and get it and make a lot of catches away from his body.

Sometimes prospects are better than their offer lists- this is one of those times.
I agree, there's way more of this going on due to lack of camps/etc due to covid.

Advertisement
Bro; all I’m trying to do is ask ?’s. Lol. Like ppl be so in to their feelings.

I legit don’t know chit bout this kid, so when I saw the offers, I’m like ,well witf wouldn’t he commit to us??! Lol

But for him to be in SEC territory & not receive a single SEC offer, I’m just trying to find out what’s the deal? Is he using us for another offer? Is he underrated b/c of lack of exposure? Etc. Etc.
Yea that's what I'm wondering usually those schools don't let studs walk out the state

Advertisement
Meng?

images.jpeg-2.jpg

Could you please say the word again? What is its origin? Can you use it in a sentence?
the word "meng" come from the English word "man". Such as, "Hey man, what's going on?"

Cubans couldn't or didn't pronounce man (mahn) correctly. Rather they pronounced it "meng". So it became "Hey, meng, what's going on?" or "Oye meng, hay que meterle la pinga a esa niña."

Uninformed or ignorant porsters spell "meng" "mane" but that is wrong because it doesn't capture the soft g at the end of "meng".

Advertisement

give me Gibson/Ibieta if we have to pick 2 (out of our current targets)

Really? Hortons is a bad man and Gibson is 6'6 specimen. I would take them both over him but thats not a knock on him, them dudes are just elite prospects.

Hortons contested catches in his film are OUTRAGEOUS! His QB was really bad as well, yikes

Advertisement
Back