2023 Landen Hatchett - 3 star OL Offered

Mario Cristobal was hired to be the HC. He's a former OL player, coach and knows the position as well as any HC. If we have enough faith in Mario to give him $8 million a year and a great staff, you have to accept his offers to recruits, especially OL personnel. The second guessing of Mario is ridiculous, he is more than capable of making this evaluation. How do you know he won't be a 4 Star after his senior season?
Zing, another one that missed the sarcasm...I get it, my joke didn't land. I will work on that and be better next time. Apologies.

Advertisement
Zing, another one that missed the sarcasm...I get it, my joke didn't land. I will work on that and be better next time. Apologies.
Sarcasm to be effective needs to have a hint of humor. Wishing you the best for better results next time.

Advertisement
Some really good Insight (haha) in here about Mirabal and how Miami recruits too. A 3-star right now, but has offers from Miami, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Oregon, and Washington.

svgwzgsxiitxmwlnyz7l

6'3" | 285 LBS | C
FERNDALE
FERNDALE, WA

Ferndale (Wash.) High School C Landen Hatchett visited Miami in January for Elite Prospect Day, and he’s talking with Cane coaches about setting up an official visit to UM this summer.

“That will be one of my officials, I think so, in May or June,” Hatchett said. “I kind of want to make a few more rounds and just see other places, too. But as of right now I think so.”

Hatchett says he wants to get back to UM for an official visit because his parents weren’t able to make the January trip there with him.

“They’re excited to get down there,” Hatchett said. “Miami coaches are in a group chat with me and both my parents. We have separate and the group one, too. And my parents respond in the group chat - my mom’s actually pretty involved in the whole thing, really likes coach Mirabal. Her and coach will start talking about other random stuff sometimes, I’m not even part of the conversations. One time coach Mirabal was talking about a picture of me and him, said he was balding and they talk about getting old. It’s fun to watch.”

Hatchett says he also plans to visit Michigan and says “I have a couple other in mind to visit.”
His favorites?

“I’m still just kind of figuring it all out,” Hatchett said. “I’m starting to get a feel for it. But Miami’s pretty high.”

He adds “I’ve been talking to coach (Alex) Mirabal and (Mario) Cristobal. We text often - a lot of times from Mirabal it’s tips. When I post something on Twitter he sees it - he sees it and corrects it, he’s always coaching nonstop.

“His tips have been helpful. I’ll take them, man. If I can get ahead in the game, be coached up early I’ll take it.”

-------------------------------

You get a sense of why Mirabal is such a great recruiter from the above. Not only is he forming a bond with Hatchett and his family, but he’s even giving the lineman tips off watching his Twitter clips. That’s how you win someone over: Showing you are legitimately interested, form a bond with them and their family, and also show how you can help their game at the next level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back