Lance McDowdell Still in Play...

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
CS has a story that he sent his transcripts into UM. Sounds like if they are enough that he would qualify, UM will set up an official visit. Article makes it sound like if he can get in, we may have the inside track.

I wonder if this is a backup plan for Wyche, or Valentine, or just another JUCO body to throw into the mix if we can.

Advertisement
Regardless of TV, if I had only two or three spots left, I would want 2 DTs and a RB. That would do the most benefit!

Regardless of TV, if I had only two or three spots left, I would want 2 DTs and a RB. That would do the most benefit!

IF we get TV back in the fold, and Wyche is definitely coming, I think we have enough DTs. That would be FIVE in this class. Id rather go after a LB. Agree with you on RB though. We need another RB, and another TE or WR.

Advertisement
he has bama and usc offers. please get him.

So he has offers from Bama and USC yet he's only visited UCF and Northern Illinois.

Supposedly he lost interest in SC after the coaching change. IIRC Orgeron was the one recruiting him, now that he's gone, doesnt look like they are much of a threat. He's rated as one of the best DTs in the JUCO ranks, so I imagine he has some decent options. My guess is maybe NIU and UCF offer the best chance of early playing time.

Advertisement
What's odd is that just a few months ago, Bama, Tennessee, USC, etc were all after him. Now, it's down to UCF, NIU and....us?

What am I missing here?

What's odd is that just a few months ago, Bama, Tennessee, USC, etc were all after him. Now, it's down to UCF, NIU and....us?

What am I missing here?

Auburn, UGA, Tenn, SC, Bama, kid has a lot of good offers.

My guess, grades are a big question mark, or he's looking for early playing time. UCF has no academic standards to speak of, so that may be why he's that interested in them.

Advertisement
Prob some of his courses couldnt transfer over to those schools. (yeah yeah I know. If he cant get into those schools how the **** is he gonna get into UM.)

What am I missing here?

If I had to guess...coaching change at SC, Tennessee and Bama met their quota.

Advertisement
JC Gridiron has him rated as the 11th best JUCO DT prospect in the country, and had this to say:

Nassau College had some of the top trench guys in the country this season on both sides of the ball, and the defensive front was led by DT Lance McDowdell. At 6-foot-4 and 300 pounds, McDowdell has the perfect frame to be a star at the next level, which is why Alabama, USC, Miami, Nebraska, Central Florida, Tennessee and Syracuse have offered. He took a visit to UCF in November and has yet to schedule any other visits, but can't leave until after the spring which could set in motion a full-scale blitz by the recruiters towards the end of January. At No. 11 on our list, McDowdell shed some pounds before the season and played mostly strongside end for the Lions, finishing with 30 tackles, 11.5 tackles-for-loss and four sacks. He has a quick first step on film and great leverage, and the only thing holding him back from being higher on the list is a late departure date.

Be real nice to finish with this kid, maybe Gresham at RB/FB, Leinus or NJouku at TE/WR and hopefully get Valentine back in the fold. I think that is realistic. Would also not be surprised if we snagged another OL too. Another LB is a possibility too.

IF we get TV back in the fold, and Wyche is definitely coming, I think we have enough DTs. That would be FIVE in this class. Id rather go after a LB. Agree with you on RB though. We need another RB, and another TE or WR.

Not necessarily, you recruit for today and tomorrow cause next next year dt recruiting class is not on our side so taking in one extra dt is a smart ideal. But I do agree we have other needs.

Advertisement
Back