Lance Guidry Reflects on Team's Performance and Outlook for Miami Hurricanes

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
1700523392582.png

Lance Guidry, the University of Miami's defensive coordinator, held his weekly press conference today where he offered his analysis of the Hurricanes' recent game and his thoughts on the team's future.

Guidry began by analyzing the team's recent defensive challenges. He said mental mistakes were a common theme: "There was the one play where they ran they threw a throwback to the tight end on a sprint out look... We just got caught with bad eyes and we cut the tight ends loose a couple of times where we had guys covered on them in man-to-man but just, we had bad eyes for whatever reason." This honest assessment highlights the small yet crucial errors that impacted the game's outcome.

Despite the loss, Guidry remained optimistic about his team's resilience: "One game doesn't define you, so I think we'll bounce back... but I'm proud of them; it wasn't our best game but we got to play better this week." His confidence in the team's ability to learn and improve from their experiences was evident.

Guidry was asked about going head to head with a play-caller such as Jeff Brohm: "It's not really the play calling as much as people think it is when you cut guys loose and you're not playing with good eyes, it makes the play caller look better." He acknowledged the talents of opposing play-callers like Brohm, Mike Norvell, Bobby Petrino, and mentioned Clemson’s OC as well, but emphasized that his team's performance was a more significant factor than the opponents' strategies.

Addressing rumors about his potential move to other prestigious programs, Guidry expressed his dedication to the Hurricanes: "I love Miami, I love our players, and we're recruiting some really good players, and I want to be here at Miami because it's the job that I do have."

Looking forward, Guidry acknowledged the challenges posed by Boston College and their quarterback Thomas Castellanos. He detailed the importance of adapting the team's defensive strategies to counter Castellanos' mobility and elusiveness, as well as the physicality of Boston College's offensive line.

Guidry concluded with a reflective note on the team's development and the importance of learning from close games: "You're building character, and especially the guys that are going to be coming back next year, they going to have all those memories... Hopefully the next year you win a lot of games and you win them by bigger margins."

Advertisement
He’s gone. The coach speak when asked about the opportunity question at lsu and usc was standard non denial denial

in before the “only place I would leave Miami for another dc Job is LSU because it’s home“ speech

Last edited:
He’s gone. The coach speak when asked about the opportunity question at lsu and usc was standard non denial denial

in before the “only place I would leave Miami for another dc Job is LSU is because it’s home“ speech
If Mario wants to spend the money and match offers, he will keep Guidry. USC should hold no great significance for Guidry. LSU must hold significance but then the question is whether he wants to coach under the nut job Brian Kelly.

Advertisement
If Mario wants to spend the money and match offers, he will keep Guidry. USC should hold no great significance for Guidry. LSU must hold significance but then the question is whether he wants to coach under the nut job Brian Kelly.
Or, a micromanaging Machoman. Pick your poison.” I’ll take the Cafe con Leche” for $1000 Alex. Think he stays another year. Year 3 is the fulcrum for this program.🙌🏽

View attachment 267076

Lance Guidry, the University of Miami's defensive coordinator, held his weekly press conference today where he offered his analysis of the Hurricanes' recent game and his thoughts on the team's future.

Guidry began by analyzing the team's recent defensive challenges. He said mental mistakes were a common theme: "There was the one play where they ran they threw a throwback to the tight end on a sprint out look... We just got caught with bad eyes and we cut the tight ends loose a couple of times where we had guys covered on them in man-to-man but just, we had bad eyes for whatever reason." This honest assessment highlights the small yet crucial errors that impacted the game's outcome.

Despite the loss, Guidry remained optimistic about his team's resilience: "One game doesn't define you, so I think we'll bounce back... but I'm proud of them; it wasn't our best game but we got to play better this week." His confidence in the team's ability to learn and improve from their experiences was evident.

Guidry was asked about going head to head with a play-caller such as Jeff Brohm: "It's not really the play calling as much as people think it is when you cut guys loose and you're not playing with good eyes, it makes the play caller look better." He acknowledged the talents of opposing play-callers like Brohm, Mike Norvell, Bobby Petrino, and mentioned Clemson’s OC as well, but emphasized that his team's performance was a more significant factor than the opponents' strategies.

Addressing rumors about his potential move to other prestigious programs, Guidry expressed his dedication to the Hurricanes: "I love Miami, I love our players, and we're recruiting some really good players, and I want to be here at Miami because it's the job that I do have."

Looking forward, Guidry acknowledged the challenges posed by Boston College and their quarterback Thomas Castellanos. He detailed the importance of adapting the team's defensive strategies to counter Castellanos' mobility and elusiveness, as well as the physicality of Boston College's offensive line.

Guidry concluded with a reflective note on the team's development and the importance of learning from close games: "You're building character, and especially the guys that are going to be coming back next year, they going to have all those memories... Hopefully the next year you win a lot of games and you win them by bigger margins."

You uhh.. you left off the first half of the quote man.

"Until somebody picks up the phone and calls me, I have a job here and I love Miami and I love our players and we are recruiting some really good players and I am going to be here at Miami because it is the job that I do have."

Lance is gone unless we not only match but exceed and Lance gains more confidence in Mario as a HC

Advertisement
How many teams have ever had a different OC/DC four straight years???
'21 - Lashlee and Whoever Manny used as a puppet his last year here.... I forget..
'22 - Gattis and Steele
'23 - Dawson and Guidry
'24 - I dunno.... Just know if it happens it's a real bad look... Wtf are we doing??? Like seriously.... I'm confused...

in before the “only place I would leave Miami for another dc Job is LSU because it’s home“ speech

Man, that would depressed me if he leaves after 1 year

Advertisement

Not to mention Brian Kelly a defensive guy. I'm sure if Guidry leaves he wants a lot of control on the defensive side. I can actually see USC in the picture

Ok so now that Guidry himself has said we blew coverages. Where is the Brohm got them more open than our OC could crowd? Our safeties love to gamble and not do their jobs. It’s been happening all year.
It wasn’t the safeties. 31 blew about 4 coverages by himself and so did the corners. Kam and J will had at a minimum 1 each maybe 2.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back