Lamont Green Jr DE 2023 receives offer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
His dad used to visit our practices a lot, in those days fans were welcome and I used to watch practices and scrimmages next to him. Was truly interested in us, but we had If I remember correctly Barrow, Smith and Amstead coming back, the best trio of LB to play together at the U! Plus our LB were all like 6'4" and 240 he looked smallish as a high schooler next to them.

Advertisement
Not really. FSU still beat us for a lot of top SoFla players in the ‘80’s.
First I remember was Keith Carter in mid-‘80’s, then Sterling Palmer, Paul Moore, and there were others before Lamont Green.
Good list but I would replace Paul Moore with Marvin Jones in terms of impact players. They beat for multiple recruits during the mid-'80's and 90's. Snoop Minnis was from MNW. I remember when the landed Mirambeau, a stout center from Miami Beach. There were many, many more.

Advertisement
Seems to be a theme right now with former FSU players not endorsing their alma mater. Chad mascoe has been pretty vocal about his displeasure with FSU right now. His son is a pretty good 2022 QB prospect

I still remember when dad picked FSU over UM. It was a harbinger of how recruiting was changing in S Fla.
Sorta. I remember watching him play at southridge and his recruiting well. Had lots of friends who played against him at palmetto. He was all FSU all the way. Erickson recruited him hard but he never really waivered. I think his senior year was the same as James Burgess and everyone thought he was the bigger recruit.

FSU's staff is on the bad side with a lot of the Nole alumni, they don't like the product on the field & apparently Norvell doesn't really embrace them.

Not sure how much of an impact it will have on recruiting, but it's not a good look on the outside.

Where have I read this book before?

Advertisement
Back