Lamar Jackson on OV right now

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Lamar Jackson is verbally committed to Louisville, but it hasn’t stopped schools from pursing him.
The latest school to show interest in Jackson is Miami.

Hurricanes head coach Al Golden stopped by Boynton Beach High on Wednesday to meet with Jackson. The conversation prompted the four-star Tigers quarterback to take an official visit to Miami on Thursday.

“Miami has jumped on board big time,” former Boynton Beach coach Rick Swain said, who retired at the end of the 2014 season.

According to Swain, Jackson plans to wait until signing day to make his final decision.

http://highschoolbuzz.blog.pbgameti...boynton-beach-qb-lamar-jackson/#__federated=1

Advertisement
I will be absolutely floored if this kid decides to play for Golden over QB guru Petrino.

I think you gotta let Coley do his thing here. Lamar would be huge pickup!

Advertisement
Assuming we won't land Gibson or Jackson, so we'll throw that Sherriffs kid an offer at the last second that he'll jump all over since his only alternatives are Columbia and VMI.

I wonder what other Joe Brown/Tyler Grimsley specials Golden has in store for us either during or after signing day.

you guys are scared of all the first round QB draft choices Petrino has coached?

Advertisement
Assuming we won't land Gibson or Jackson, so we'll throw that Sherriffs kid an offer at the last second that he'll jump all over since his only alternatives are Columbia and VMI.

I wonder what other Joe Brown/Tyler Grimsley specials Golden has in store for us either during or after signing day.

Honestly I would've liked to see this QB recruiting picture a week after Lawson decommitted.

Advertisement
It's interesting that he made all state as utility player, I am wondering if he would be open to changing positions if QB didn't work out which I doubt will be the case because the kid has a canon for arm an quick feet. I think the biggest issue will be, would Jackson truly be okay with sitting on the bench for 2 to 3 years behind Kaaya.

Boynton QB Jackson gets first-team all-state nod
By Steve Gorten Sun Sentinel

Boynton Beach quarterback Lamar Jackson makes all-state first team

Lamar Jackson made numerous plays with his arm and legs for Boynton Beach as a senior this past football season. On Wednesday, the dual-threat quarterback received further recognition for his production.

Jackson, a 6-foot-3, 185-pound University of Louisville commitment, was named to Florida's Class 6A All-State Team as a utility player.

Jackson, who threw for 1,306 yards and rushed for 962 while accounting for 35 total touchdowns, joined Hallandale receiver Richie Cooper as 6A first-team selections from Broward and Palm Beach counties.

In 5A, American Heritage QB Torrance Gibson, cornerback Tarvarus McFadden and linebacker Anthony Flory were first-team picks.

The Associated Press also released its second and third all-state teams and honorable mention selections Wednesday, as chosen by newspaper editors and reporters around the state.

Jackson was the lone player from Palm Beach chosen for the first, second or third teams.

Suncoast WR Jamari Bozeman, and Boynton Beach LB Quinton Wilcher and WR Donte Sylencieux were honorable mention picks.

The 7A and 8A all-state teams will be announced Thursday.

In 6A, Hallandale QB Tyler Huntley and LB Sh'mar Kilby-Lane and Coconut Creek WR Binjimen Victor were second-team choices, while Creek QB Jhakari Harrison and Stranahan defensive lineman Kirk Livingstone were named to the third team.

A pair of Broward defensive linemen -- American Heritage's Brian Burns and Cardinal Gibbons' Richard McIntosh – received second-team honors in 5A. Heritage receiver Dredrick Snelson, linebacker Bradley Clement and defensive back Deonta Fair were third-team picks.

Last edited:
this is all Coley the guy knows QB's. he is just like Lawson but a lil smaller. Coley obviously really wanted a dual threat guy this class. its funny though a month we were wondering why they never looked at him and now they are all over him.

Tg must've told staff no thanks, weird they jump on him after visiting Gibson. Even though I like Jackson more as a prospect.

Advertisement
I have never seen anyone work so hard to accomplish nothing in my life. Randy could have done this badly without leaving his office.

Advertisement
Back