Lady Canes prove they are a force with 32 pt 4th Qtr @ #2 Louisville

Advertisement
away:

With a win at Louisville that would be the 4th straight win against a ranked opponent and 2 wins against Top 5 teams. The Canes would most likely enter the Top 10 a milestone for the program.

Miami has been ranked in the top 10 multiple times during the Meier era(In fact, Miami was in the top 5 once). Then again, considering that a lot of people haven't been paying attention, I'm not shocked that people are acting like this program hasn't been solid for years.

Advertisement
Miami has been ranked in the top 10 multiple times during the Meier era(In fact, Miami was in the top 5 once). Then again, considering that a lot of people haven't been paying attention, I'm not shocked that people are acting like this program hasn't been solid for years.

My bad. Any chance you could list the Top 10 years especially that Top 5 ranking.
And while I don't remember Top 10 rankings I am clearly aware of the fact that we have never had 2 bigs like this ( quality) and always hoped one day we would see it. And because of that we have perhaps a team that can go the farthest of any team Miami has fielded in the past.

Last edited:
We beat the defending national champs and 4th ranked team and move up from 25 to 20. We're 21-5, and 8-2 and in 2nd in the ACC. Makes perfect sense.

You were right in 2011 they rose to their highest ranking ever #5

Next year they lose Ema Hof and Prather but bring in 3 Top recruits and have Montpremier for one more year. They also get a big donor contribution 2 days ago. Program is on very solid ground.

Advertisement
No respect for Miami basketball programs

Are you shocked? Miami will get screwed in regards to seeding, in regards to the pod they are assigned to, it's almost a certainty. People love to complain about Meier being unable to break through to the Sweet 16, but when you best team is sent as a significantly lower seed than they should have been, and a double digit seed is allowed to host your pod, then there you go.

Advertisement
Prather is not a big loss but Hof certainly is

Hof has played brilliantly and will be a huge loss. But this recruiting class features another 6-3 big that is known to be phsyical and is a 4 star. And as I said Montpremier is back so that plus your whole backcourt comes back. Also this class coming in is pretty special the other 2 are also 4 stars.

Hof has played brilliantly and will be a huge loss. But this recruiting class features another 6-3 big that is known to be phsyical and is a 4 star. And as I said Montpremier is back so that plus your whole backcourt comes back. Also this class coming in is pretty special the other 2 are also 4 stars.

Problem is that in women's college basketball, it is rare for any freshman to come in and dominant, they usually have to develop. They will have a role, but I'll be shocked if they come in and are able to provide the consistent production that Hof has given Miami for years. Mompremier and Cornelius will be the heart of next year's team, with Gray, Marshall and others providing talented depth. I'm curious as to where Rebecca Ripley does, because the talent is there, but the production hasn't matched her press clippings. Will she develop, or will she move on to a smaller program where she is guaranteed minutes?

Are you shocked? Miami will get screwed in regards to seeding, in regards to the pod they are assigned to, it's almost a certainty. People love to complain about Meier being unable to break through to the Sweet 16, but when you best team is sent as a significantly lower seed than they should have been, and a double digit seed is allowed to host your pod, then there you go.
No I'm not they've screwed the football 🏈 over big time back in 88@ nd and the 2000 nc game.almost forgot 02 fantasy flag from ou referree who was scared that Miami was going take ththeyre 48 game win streak record away.

Advertisement
Problem is that in women's college basketball, it is rare for any freshman to come in and dominant, they usually have to develop. They will have a role, but I'll be shocked if they come in and are able to provide the consistent production that Hof has given Miami for years. Mompremier and Cornelius will be the heart of next year's team, with Gray, Marshall and others providing talented depth. I'm curious as to where Rebecca Ripley does, because the talent is there, but the production hasn't matched her press clippings. Will she develop, or will she move on to a smaller program where she is guaranteed minutes?
Katie hasn't played much. I see she had great credentials coming out of HS. I have to say was overanxious im the few remainimg minutes

Great credentials out of HS. Saw her in the few remaining minutes of the Pitt game. She was a bit overanxious but had a lot of energy. This team may be afforded the luxury of having almost too many moving parts. If there is any weak spot it will be at power forward . I look at Montpremier as a center. As you say it might take the imcoming freshman time to adjust.

Through 2 and a half quarters, of Lou is better it’s not by much. Canes have hurt themselves with turnovers and the zeebs have made some questionable calls.

Advertisement
Back