Lady Canes escape Duke

But tons of turnovers ( 25 turnovers in first half) lack of a strong perimeter game continues to be a thorn in the side. Mkyea had I think 5 pts and Cornelios had 4 pts. Also they had trouble getting in transistion. Duke an average ball club at best. Montpremier had a nice game with her father passing away a day ago. Hoff did well. If we could get our bigs to play well with our shooters we could be dangerous.

We have been in The top 25 all year until now. Obviously Katie still has a lot of work to do to shore things up. The talent is there.:noidea::noidea::noidea:

Advertisement
3 girls in the top 100 are coming so they will be better next season. This was a good win.

Last edited:
But tons of turnovers ( 25 turnovers in first half) lack of a strong perimeter game continues to be a thorn in the side. Mkyea had I think 5 pts and Cornelios had 4 pts. Also they had trouble getting in transistion. Duke an average ball club at best. Montpremier had a nice game with her father passing away a day ago. Hoff did well. If we could get our bigs to play well with our shooters we could be dangerous.

We have been in The top 25 all year until now. Obviously Katie still has a lot of work to do to shore things up. The talent is there.:noidea::noidea::noidea:

Miami is getting 10+ PPG out of Cornelius and Gray on the season, and is shooting **** 37% from beyond the arc as a team. Miami is one of the most efficient perimeter shooting teams in the country, ranking 21st nationally in 3P%. That doesn't signal a lack of a perimeter game, outside of a bad performance mixed in here and there. Miami for the first time ever has two legit bigs and guess what? Hof and Mompremier should and do get the bulk of the touches. The days of Shenise Johnson and Riqana Williams jacking up jumpers from the parking lot are long gone. Miami is a ground and pound team that doesn't want to get into shootouts, unless Hof and Mompremier get into foul trouble(That's the formula for beating Miami, getting those two off the floor and pressing inside once they leave).

Advertisement
Miami is getting 10+ PPG out of Cornelius and Gray on the season, and is shooting **** 37% from beyond the arc as a team. Miami is one of the most efficient perimeter shooting teams in the country, ranking 21st nationally in 3P%. That doesn't signal a lack of a perimeter game, outside of a bad performance mixed in here and there. Miami for the first time ever has two legit bigs and guess what? Hof and Mompremier should and do get the bulk of the touches. The days of Shenise Johnson and Riqana Williams jacking up jumpers from the parking lot are long gone. Miami is a ground and pound team that doesn't want to get into shootouts, unless Hof and Mompremier get into foul trouble(That's the formula for beating Miami, getting those two off the floor and pressing inside once they leave).

Canedude I agree. I'ts a very different kind of team. But the turnovers have plagued us in all the losses and Duke is a average team thus we escaped. Also on their good days our perimeter play is very good I agree and thats why this could be a special team if we play sensibly.

Advertisement
Back